AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA)
FIXED TERM CONTRACT
Until September 2019
The AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA) wishes to appoint suitably qualified individuals who will conduct bookkeeper functions for the Health Systems Trust, ELMA Philanthropies and Bread for the World funded Programme. This position will be based at the AFSA offices in Musgrave and requires an individual who is able to work over the weekend as and when necessary as well as have the ability to work extended hours to ensure deliverables are met.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Data capturing financial transactions for the Programme in books,
- Prepare and review Bank and creditor reconciliations for the Programme
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Prepare cash books
- Capture monthly bank accounts and reconcile bank statements
- Assisting with finances and accounts and producing financial statements
- Preparing and reviewing financial reports on a monthly basis
- Grade 12 (or equivalent) with a tertiary qualification in finance
- Bachelor’s Degree or Three Year National Diploma in Commerce, Financial Management, Accounting or similar field advantageous
- Minimum three years’ experience working in a financial administrative position
- Ability to conduct book keeping functions up to trial balance
- Experience working on Pastel Evolution
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical and ability to work independently
Interested persons need to submit a brief CV, along with cover letter clearly outlining work experience and ability to perform various finance duties listed in this advert as well as certified copies of certificates and ID with the reference “Finance Officer” in the subject line via emails to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 22 May 2019. Please note that applications received after this date or with missing information will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted - should you not hear from us by 31 May 2019, you may consider your application unsuccessful. AFSA reserves the right not to make an appointment and/or to extend the closing date in order to facilitate further searches.
AFSA is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people living with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with AFSA’s remuneration policies.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a competency based assessment and driving assessment as part of the recruitment criteria.