AIDS Foundation of South Africa
FIXED TERM CONTRACT VACANCY
(Ending 31 March 2022)
The AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA) wishes to appoint a suitably qualified individual to serve as a Payments Officers. The position is based at the organisations Durban Office in Musgrave and only suitable applicants residing in surrounding Durban area will be considered. Applicants must have the ability to work in a demanding and high pressured environment and be able and willing to work long hours.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring bank account balances to ensure sufficient funding for the various programmes of the AIDS Foundation.
- Receiving and verifying invoices for payments.
- Audit of supporting documentation presented for payments.
- Following up on queries pertaining to outstanding payments.
- Submitting the daily payments file to management to review.
- Processing Batch electronic banking payments onto the online banking service for payment.
- Arranging for the final release of payments by management.
- Printing proofs of payments processed daily and remitting these to the applicable suppliers.
- Preparing inward transfer forms for cross-border income to be received from our offshore donors.
- Disbursement of petty cash and preparation of cheque,
- Opening of new users and amending user rights on the online banking platform
- Relevant financial degree or diploma in accounting or bookkeeping.
- Minimum 4 years’ finance experience, preferably within NGO/ development sector
- Minimum 2 year experience with processing payments
- Basic excel knowledge
- Working experience on Pastel Evolution
- Experience with online banking
- Demonstrate strong planning and organisational skills.
- Attention to detail and good problem solving skills.
Interested persons need to submit a brief CV, along with cover letter and certified copies of certificates, ID and links with the reference “Payment Officer” in the subject line via emails to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight 27/05/2019. Please note that applications received after this date or with missing information will not be considered. Alternatively you may apply directly on our website at https://www.aids.org.za/vacancies/
REMMUNERATION PACKAGE: R190 800. 00 total cost to company
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted - should you not hear from us two week after closing date, you may consider your application unsuccessful. AFSA reserves the right not to make an appointment and/or to extend the closing date in order to facilitate further searches.
AFSA is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people living with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with AFSA’s remuneration policies.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a competency based assessment and driving assessment as part of the recruitment criteria.