ClickMaths is a growing nonprofit, founded in 2012, leveraging technology to provide the best educational material to students that need it most. To date, ClickMaths has improved the average mark of around 1,000 underprivileged students by over 15 percentage points. This was achieved by launching and managing over 20 learning programmes at schools and education centers in South Africa using the 2,000 video lessons that we translated from the world-renowned Khan Academy into isiZulu and isiXhosa.
ClickMaths seeks to appoint a head of Operations to be based in Johannesburg.
Duration: The role is 12-months paid, full-time with the option to extend
The purpose of the Operations Manager is to drive the expansion of ClickMaths from 1,000 to 50,000 students over the next year. Using primarily the localised Khan Academy material in a variety of settings, the candidate will play a pivotal role in managing relationships and implementing the ClickMaths model, leveraging technology to revolutionise education in South Africa.
- Identify opportunities to implement the ClickMaths model directly with students and teachers in South Africa - Programmes will be across a spectrum of settings (Primary, High and Adult Education Schools) in an online, offline or zero-rated environment
- Introduce ClickMaths to schools and provide training to facilitators and teachers
- Manage partnerships with organisations and help them grow to facilitate scaling - Existing partnerships with education organisations will continue to be nourished, but new partnerships will be formed across South Africa in order to expand the spectrum of programmes
- Collect and analyse data on usership and student progress in order to identify effectiveness of our programme and adapt to needs in real time
- Oversee further localisation projects- Managing a team of translators to continue to make the best available content more accessible to learners
- Provide basic ongoing support for pilot sites
- Provide ad-hoc support including installation of required software where necessary and troubleshooting of hardware
- Contribute to the organisation’s marketing and distribution
- Minimum of two experience in a growth or stategy
- Be passionate about improving lives through education
- Exposure to the Education and Schooling system or Ed-tech space
- Organisational and management skills and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong analytical skills and motivated to measure outcomes
- Speak isiZulu and/or isiXhosa
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Experience in either teaching or tutoring Mathematics
To apply, submit your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more information about ClickMaths ,refer to www.clickmaths.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies