CHIVA South Africa
CHIVA South Africa is dedicated to improving healthcare for children and adolescents living with HIV in South Africa. The Organisation provides mentoring, teaching and support to healthcare professionals caring for the country’s most vulnerable population - its children and adolescents. CHIVA SA shares expertise to build skills and capacity, resulting in a generation of treatment South African health professionals that is better equipped to provide young people living with HIV the expert and care that they need.
CHIVA South Africa seeks to appoint a Clinical Nurse Mentor, to be based in Tugela Ferry, KwaZulu-Natal.
This is a fixed term contract for 12 months (commencing June/July 2019).
The Clinical Nurse Mentor is responsible for the implementation of targeted teaching and mentoring to all cadres of healthcare workers in 20 selected clinics across uMzinyathi district. The aim of the programme is to improve the skills and competencies of healthcare workers to manage the complex and diverse needs of children and adolescents living with HIV.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders across uMzinyathi District
- Provide on-site and remote (telephonic) mentoring support to 20 selected clinics in uMzinyathi District
- Provide on-site teaching on key clinical aspects of healthcare provision to children and adolescents
- Initiate, facilitate and mentor staff in quality improvement processes
- Identify requirements for staff capacitation, infrastructure, systems, and supply of drugs and equipment, and develop plans with each facility to meet these requirements
- Assess the quality and efficiency of services delivered to children and adolescents and assist with development of interventions to close any identified gaps
- Assist with support and supervision of assigned Psychosocial Advisor
- Collate and submit monthly timesheets, mileage sheets and expenses records
- Collate and submit expenses records monthly
- Complete and maintain comprehensive and clear clinic visit records
- Submit monthly reports as required by CHIVA SA and donors
- Assist the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer with reviewing and aligning indicators according to the requirements of Department of Health
- Compile reports and circulate as necessary
- Qualification in nursing (NIMART would be an advantage) and registration with appropriate body;
- Proven clinical experience of working with children and adolescents with HIV
- Expertise in the following: child and adolescent health, education, child protection; organisational development; monitoring and evaluation, HIV management
- Proven experience of disclosure of HIV diagnosis to children/adolescents
- Clean, valid driving licence for a manual vehicle and willingness to drive daily for purposes of work
- Knowledge of national policies and guidelines regarding primary healthcare services, HIV, TB, child and adolescent health
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer literate (Microsoft Suite)
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Willing to be based in/work from Tugela Ferry, KwaZulu-Natal
- The nature of the work necessitates that it is an inherent condition of employment that the incumbent be a competent, proficient driver of a manual vehicle, must be willing and able to drive daily to fulfil the commitments of their job description
To apply, submit your CV and a covering letter in which you are requested to highlight how you specifically meet the minimum requirements for this role to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Should you not have received feedback within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
CHIVA South Africa will not consider unsolicited candidates from recruitment agencies.
For more information about CHIVA South Africa, please refer to www.chiva-africa.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies