The Bulungula College (BC) - South Africa
The Bulungula College (BC) is a non-fee paying Independent High School. It is governed by the philosophy of its mother organization, the Bulungula Incubator (BI). The BI is a rural development not-for-profit organization, based on the Wild Coast of the Eastern Cape, in the former Transkei. Our programmes are concentrated into four focus areas: Education, Sustainable Livelihoods, Health and Nutrition and Vibrant Villages. Our vision is to be a catalyst for the creation of vibrant and sustainable rural communities. In partnership with our community, government, NGO’s and other innovative thinkers, the Bulungula Incubator aims to achieve our vision through finding synergies between traditional rural African culture, and external technologies and innovations.
The Bulungula College is looking for a suitably qualified and dynamic individual to be part of our education team. The Bulungula College opened in 2019 starting with Grade 10 learners. In 2020 it will expand to include Grade 11 and it aims to cater to Grade 12 learners by 2021. The Bulungula College is our next step in making high quality education available to our community members.
Bulungula College is looking for individuals who can present these two School Subjects, competently:
IsiXhosa Home Language (HL) and Business Studies
PERFORMANCE AREAS AND ACTIVITIES
Duties and responsibilities
1. Knowledge of the Subject
5. Good Behaviour and good role model
6. Leading and participating in extra curricula activities
- A passion for rural development work is essential
- A university degree in education is required. A Post-graduate degree in the School Subject(s) will be an added advantage
- Strong desire to improve educational standards
- Proven ability to relate to children and to inspire and motivate them
- Knowledge and understanding of the South African curriculum
- Experience with the education sector and education policies preferred
- Communication in isiXhosa an advantage
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to succeed in challenging environments and problem-solving
- Willingness to live in a remote rural village as a community member
- Willingness to mentor and train others
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and level of experience.
To apply, please send your detailed CV with two contactable referees, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications, copy of ID plus a letter of motivation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries about this post, please call Betty on 087 808 4355 or 065 851 0260.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and if you are not contacted within two weeks after the closing date, please know that your application was not successful.