Grow Great - South Africa
Grow Great, a campaign aimed at galvanizing South Africa towards achieving zero stunting by 2030 is recruiting for position of Monitoring & Evaluation Officer.
Stunting is a condition that arises from prolonged under-nutrition and it affects physical and brain development. It’s defined as shortness in height for a child’s age and it can only be diagnosed by comparing the child’s measurements to standardized growth charts. 1 in 4 of South Africa’s children under the age of five years old are stunted. Stunting robs young children from reaching their full potential. Stunted children on average perform worse at school than their non-stunted counterparts, are more likely to be unemployed as adults, are at higher risk of getting diseases like diabetes and hypertension and are vulnerable to being trapped in inter-generational cycles of poverty. This is unjust as stunting is completely preventable. Using data to mobilise policy makers, stories to inspire the public, communities of practice to support health practitioners and mom & baby classes to support parents, the Grow Great campaign seeks to galvanise South Africa towards a future where no child is unjustly denied the opportunity to reach their full potential.
The M&E Officer
The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will support the Campaign’s M&E Specialist to monitor and evaluate the campaign’s programs as well as the project management of ad hoc external evaluations.
The M&E Officer must have:
- Bachelor’s in Social Sciences, Development, Health, or similar field required.
- Three or more years of experience in project monitoring and evaluation
- Computer literacy (excel pivot tables)
- Proficiency in database management
- Proficiency in Stata and Nvivo
- Strong writing abilities
- Attention to detail, with excellent writing and verbal English skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel
The responsibilities of the M&E Officer include:
- Capturing campaign related data, both programmatic & evaluation data
- Cleaning data to ensure high standard of accuracy
- Conducting spot checks to ensure data accuracy, completeness and quality
- Conduct preliminary data analysis using STATA or NVIVO
- Project managing the implementation of campaign community stunting surveys
- Supervising the selection of eligible participants for stunting surveys
- Labelling, distributing, collecting and ensuring maintenance of study equipment
Interested applicants are to send a CV and 1-page cover letter to email@example.com.