HIVSA is a not for profit company which was established in 2002 with a full time staff compliment of over 100 members and is a strategic partner of the Gauteng Provincial Departments of Health and Social Development. HIVSA empowers individuals, community workers and organisations by developing their capacity and resilience to effectively address socio-economic and health issues in the context of high HIV and AIDS burden with the ultimate vision of creating an HIV free generation.
Dates of Engagement: 1st May 2019 to 30th June 2019
Programme / Project: HIVSA Finance & Operational efficiency
Location: HIVSA Bara and Omni Park
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Number of Days: It is envisaged that the work will not exceed 3 months. The work will take place in phases and therefore maybe far fewer than the stipulated timeframe. This could be also be extended if the need arises.
Period: 1st to 31st of May 2019
Deliverable 1: Assess, review and identify gaps
- Accounting System (Pastel Sage Evolution) chart of Account for compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises, Donor requirements e.g. Standard Provisions for Non-US non-governmental Organisations and Required as Applicable Standard Provisions and for Non-US Non-Governmental Organisation, South African Revenue Authority and labour laws
- Finance Policies and procedures manual. The consultant will review holistically, identify gaps and provide recommendations on the following, among other policies:
- Procurement policies and procedures
- Fixed Asset register
- Petty Cash management policies and procedures
- Overheads Polices & procedures and recoveries from Projects
- Compliance checklist
- Salaries cost allocations including time sheet reporting guidelines
- Management reports including Fund Accountability Statements Policies and procedures as required by USAID recipient Contracted Audit
- Review the new Sub-Grant Management manual including tools, templates for alignment to the accounting system
- Review the Operational Systems -Fleet Management policies and procedures including tools and templates and Inventory (Stock) management policies and procedures including tools and templates
- Review IT Systems - Policies and procedure including management reporting tools and templates
Deliverable 2: Provide comprehensive written report on deliverable one with gaps identified and recommendations to Finance Manager and Exco
Period: 3rd to 30th of June 2019
Deliverable 3: Implementation of Critical recommendation
- Conduct Training sessions in some Critical gaps identified
Deliverable 4: Provide a Final comprehensive written report
Qualifications and experience
Advanced university degree (Master’s Degree) in Finance or accounting, or any other related field.
At least 15 years of demonstrable experience in public health, social development, training of cost principles and providing technical Assistance on compliance for USAID funded projects.
Strong familiarity with Finance and operations systems, compliance within multi donor environment
Familiarity with tools, templates commonly used in establishing Finance and operations systems, budgets and fleet management and IT systems
The consultant selected will be responsible for their own working tools including a laptop and a mobile phone.
- The consultant selected is expected to work from HIVSA Omni Park Office and interact with HIVSA Finance and Operations team from time to time
- The consultant will make their own travel arrangements as HIVSA will remunerate the consultant based on the rate of remuneration agreed upon
- Payment to the selected consultant is dependent on the completion of deliverables with quality. The payments will be made as per the MOU developed upon selection
To apply, submit a motivation letter and CV (not more than five pages), and three contactable referees to: The HR Manager, HIVSA, P O Box 3869, Southgate, 2082, e-mail: email@example.com or fax: 086 244 5444.
For more about HIVSA, refer to www.hivsa.com
To view other opportunities, refer to http://www.ngopulse.org/opportunities/other