Numeric is a small team of friendly people who are on a mission to help young South Africans excel in mathematics. More specifically, Numeric’s goal is to create exciting and high impact learning environments in low-income areas with a view to helping learners in Grade 7 to establish strong foundations in mathematics.
Numeric seeks to appoint a Programme Manager, to be based in Observatory, Cape Town.
Duration: 12 months (subject to renewal)
The purpose of the position is to oversee programme at five partner schools, which equates to ten classrooms or approximately 250 learners. Ensure that coaches are adequately equipped, both materially and pedagogically, to deliver high impact maths education to these children and give them solid foundations upon entry into high school.
- Manage relationships with partner schools (principals, maths H.O. Ds, teachers)
- Handle logistics involved with the programs (finance, transport, connectivity)
- Contribute to the development of the program (curriculum, games, activities, worksheets)
- Support and mentor coaches
- Arrange parent’s evenings, prize-giving’s etc. to encourage parent buy-in and commitment
- Train coaches and teachers on the use of Khan Academy
- Additional administrative tasks required to develop the organisation
- Plan and prepare for Coach Boot camp and Learner Math Camp
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent
- Higher grade mathematics
- Teaching or tutoring experience
- Involvement or leadership in outreach or extra-curricular projects
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to multi-task and maintain a high quality of work
- Interest and ability to handle new and changing technologies
- Interest in mentoring and developing future teachers
- Own transport and valid drivers’ license
To apply, submit a CV and letter of motivation (maximum two pages) to email@example.com quoting “CPT Program Manager” in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Ensure that your letter of motivation explains your interest in Numeric and outlines why you would be well suited to this position.
For more information about Numeric, refer to www.numeric.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies