Activate Change Drivers
Siyashesha Leadership Incubator is a nonprofit organisation and the managing entity of the Activate Change Drivers programme which seeks to enable social justice warriors, already active in their own communities, with a toolkit for change. In an environment that nurtures social, economic and political forces for community development, this is our entry-tier course that helps participants take their leadership skills to the next level.
Siyashesha seeks to appoint a Finance and Payroll Manager to be based in Cape Town.
Duration: Seven months’ fixed term contract
The Finance and Payroll Manager work closely with the CEO, Operations Director and HR to ensure that all financial matters of procurement, and processing payroll remains within the predetermined budget parameters.
- Ensure Finance process and plan is in place for the year
- Ensure annual budget are in place and communicate this to the portfolio managers
- Work closely with CEO on budget allocations and Chart of Accounts
- Review these chart of accounts annually, as required
- Ensure that internal portfolios strictly adhere to their expenses budgets as set out by the CEO and REMCO by facilitating monthly one ones with Managers
- Review and process supplier payments on a weekly basis and ensure that all internal portfolios and Service Providers is aware of the process
- Maintain weekly payment scheduled and get it approved by CEO and REMCO for timeous payments
- Pick up trends associated with spending and add this to the weekly schedule as a report and spending analysis
- As required, provide management with direction on budget expenditure detail
- Maintain Service Provider database and ensure this is uploaded to the weekly payment schedule
- Monthly and quarterly finance administrative reporting
- Maintain pay card spending and feedback to managers on this timeously
- Review and approve pay card transfers on weekly basis
- Do all payroll administration in alignment to SA Labour legislation
- Maintain the Department of Labour and SARS compliance
- Do online banking
- Be aware of B BBEE stats and how the Organisation contributes towards this
- Work closely with auditors as required.
- Ensure that travel lodge card is updated and payments and allocations for this are made timeously and that transactions against this is allocated accordingly
- Submit monthly finance reports to the CEO and Board
- Oversee Supply Chain Management Process
- Manage pay cards administration
- Administer staff loans as required
- Maintain a relationship between the payroll service provider and the organisation
- On a monthly basis, ensure purchases assets is sent to the administrator so that the asset register can be maintained on a continuous basis
- Ensure that insurance for these assets are in place and maintained with the finance assistant
- Manage the Finance Assistant
- Manage the process of Airtime and Data request
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure that all relevant financial data is recorded and available for auditing purpose
- Issue portfolio with monthly budget expenditure reports
- Be aware of variance of spending as set out by the CEO and REMCO - maintain this
- Assist with the management and collation of finances for company Board meetings as required by the CEO
- Conduct internal Audits to ensure policy compliance
- Minimum of five years’ experience in accounting
- Strong communication and written skills
- Team player
- Efficient organiser
- Efficient administrator
- Computer literate with Pastel experience
- Strong Attention to details
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicate in the subject line: "Application for Finance & Payroll Manager, Cape Town" post with a letter of motivation advising why you are the best candidate. Attach a copy of your Id and current payslip, if possible, indicate town of residence and email address as well as valid cell number in your CV. With the names of three references with their email address
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
No late CV will be considered.
Should no feedback be received within two weeks of the closing date, accept that your application was not successful.
Siyashesha reserves the right the make an appointment which will contribute to racial and gender diversity of the organisation.
For more about Activate Siyashesha Leadership, refer to www.activateleadership.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies