Habitat For Humanity South Africa
Habitat for Humanity South Africa is nonprofit organisation breaking the cycle of poverty through participatory development, advocacy and awareness.
Habitat for Humanity South Africa seeks to appoint a Finance Intern to be based in Pinelands, Western Cape.
Salary: A Stipend of R 6 000 per month will be offered
The purpose of the position is to assist in data capturing and act as administrative support to the finance department.
- Ensure adherence to the financial policies and procedures
- Data capturing of financial and administrative information into the accounting and relevant systems
- Effective administrative support to accounting staff
- Provide support in the compilation of accurate and comprehensive financial reports
- Liaise with all relevant stakeholders
- Provide support in compliance with donor requirements
- Required minimum education and training
- BCom Accounting (Recent Graduate) or Financial Management or Equivalent
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel
- Must have a dynamic and compatible personality able to deal with donors and staff at all levels
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- The environment may at times be busy and need excellent management skills and attention to details
- May be required to work overtime
- Communication skills (both written and oral) will be required
To apply, submit a detailed updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Valid South African ID
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments there to.
Note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
Habitat for Humanity South Africa will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
For more about Habitat for Humanity South Africa, refer to habitat.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies