The Haven Night Shelter
The Haven Night Shelter Organisation is a non-governmental organisation that works to help get the homeless to a home. The Haven Night Shelter Organisation’s method is to make temporary shelter, rehabilitation opportunities, social welfare services, family reunification services, physical care and support available to adult people living on the streets who are committed to reintegration.
The Haven Night Shelter seeks to appoint Social Worker to be based in Western Cape.
Salary Package: R 14 416 per month
The Social Worker will be responsible for all social work services and the development of and monitoring of PDP’s and Exit plans for all clients. The social worker will report to the Shelter Manager.
- Qualified Social Worker registered with SACSSP in South Africa
- Code B drivers licence essential non-negotiable
- Successful candidate will need to match The Shelter Manager’s work programme
- Experience in managing client information, is a pre-requisite
- Efficient handling of PDP with Exit Plans
- Experience in scheduling reviews, including the reviews of the exit date
- Experience in commencing group work within three weeks of taking over. Starting with at least six hours of group work per week
- No criminal record
- Ability to work well with people as a team
- Computer literacy Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Fluency in English, a second language would be beneficial
- Experience in the NGO sector will be advantages
To apply, submit two pages CV, and motivational letter to the HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Social Worker Haven- Retreat Shelter" in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Note if all the relevant documentation (CV or motivational letter) is not attach to your application will not be considered.
If you don't receive a response from us within two weeks of closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
The Haven Night Shelter Welfare Organisation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more about the Haven Night Shelter Welfare, refer to www.haven.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies