National Sea Rescue Institute
National Sea Rescue Institute is a nonprofit organisation that has a goal to prevent drowning through education, through preventative measures and through rescue. The Organisation updates and improves on their skills and techniques and we continuously investigate new technologies. The organisation visits schools around the country teaching children about water safety, what to do in an emergency and how to do basic hands-on CPR. Sea Rescue has built an online training centre for our crew and extended this platform to include free courses for the public as well. other preventative measures include emergency signage, Pink Rescue Buoys for flotation, Lifeguards and active patrols during peak season.
Sea Rescue seeks to appoint an Executive Director to be based in Cape Town.
Salary: R935 983 (includes 13th Cheque) per annum excluding Pension, Medical Aid, Vehicle
- The Strategic and Executive Leadership of Fundraising and Marketing within the National Sea Rescue Institute of South Africa
- Efficient and effective fundraising and marketing which supports the sustainability of the organisation
- Strategic positioning and management of the Brand and Reputation of Sea Rescue
- Policy leadership in respect of public and organizational communication including the Social Media interface
- Fulfilling the Generic Components of Management in Fundraising and Marketing
- Monitoring/Information Management
- A relevant bachelor’s degree
- Minimum five years relevant work experience in a related field with contactable executive references
- Evidence of Substantial Fundraising Capacity
- Portfolio of Marketing/Brand Management Achievements/Projects
- Communication in multiple languages English, Afrikaans and IsiXhosa/IsiZulu
- Good judgement
- Change management
- Strategic Thinking
- Financial literacy
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- Familiarity with Enterprise Customer Relationship Management Systems (MS DYNAMIX)
To apply, submit letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in strict confidence by email only to: (see response email below). Ensure that they are sent as Word documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” put “NSRI Director Fundraising” in the email subject line to Bongiwe Nqgaqu firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
The NSRI is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
There will be a two-stage application process (Shortlisting and Interview) which means that candidates that fully meet the criteria above will be subsequently asked to attend an interview. This is a Board Committee appointed post and interviews will be conducted by the Human Capital Committee of the Sea Rescue Governance Board.
For more about the National Sea Rescue Institute refer to www.nsri.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies