Centre For The Study Of Violence & Reconciliation
The Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation (CSVR) is a non-governmental organisation which envisions societies that are peaceful, equal and free from violence. CSVR aims to understand and prevent violence, heal its effects and build sustainable peace at community, national and regional levels. We do this through collaboration with and learning from the lived and diverse experiences of communities affected by violence and conflict to inform innovative interventions, generate knowledge, shape public discourse, influence policy, hold states accountable and promote gender equality, social cohesion and active citizenship.
CSVR seeks to appoint a Research Fellow to be based in Cape Town.
The position will entail a full-time, nine months’ contract.
- Conduct literature reviews
- Write analytical reports and contribute to journal articles
- Write policy briefs and fact sheets
- Contribute to strategic thinking and planning regarding CSVR transitional justice, research and advocacy work
- Present findings to external audiences
- Minimum of a Master's degree in Social Sciences, Humanities or Law
- Research experience, particularly in relation to comparative country analysis and/transitional justice
- Familiarity with NGO work environment
- Knowledge of transitional justice, peacebuilding and human rights in South Africa and on the African continent
- Strong writing and analytical skills
- Fluency in English and preferably at least one African Language
- Ability to be innovative, manage a complex workload and work independently under pressure
To apply, submit one page letter of motivation, writing sample, one page CV and names of two references, indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line, to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only candidates with citizenship in an African country will be considered.
For more information on the project, see the link below: http://www.csvr.org.za/index.php/programmes/research/2641-african-transitional-justice-comparative-study
For more about the Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation, refer to www.csvr.org.za