Buhle Farmers Academy
Buhle Farmers’ Academy is a Farmer Development Institution that has been growing since the year 2000. Its mission is to enable new and emerging farmers to establish themselves in viable farming businesses through effective skills training and support in order to alleviate poverty and promote sustainable economic development and resources use in South Africa.
Buhle Famers' Academy seeks to appoint a Farmer Support Officer, to be based in South Africa.
The purpose of the position is to support and advise farmers to manage viable farming businesses.
- Apply effective post-training follow-up support services to farmers and alumni of the Academy
- Continuously up skill farmers towards improved business decision to increase agricultural production
- Maintain a register of all farmers and projects supported by the Academy; monitor and report on the progress of these projects
- Be technology aware to demonstrate the use of various platforms to develop a farm
- Represent and promote Buhle’s mission and liaise with a range of partners, organisations and institutions relating to agricultural projects and the Buhle’s training programmes
- Research farmer’s needs and propose possible solutions in resolving those needs
- Establish and retain good relations with all alumni farmers supported by the academy as well as stakeholders of the academy in order to encourage good standings between BFA and all role players
- Initiate new projects and recruit individuals for Buhle’s farmer support and training programmes
- Maintain up to date and relevant knowledge and expertise on industry norms and trends
- Perform administrative duties and all duties necessitated by the position
- Travel regularly to farms and projects across the country
- A diploma or degree in agriculture
- Two years of experience in training and agricultural advisory roles
- AgriSETA Accredited Assessor and Moderator
- Computer literate, include (PowerPoint and Excel)
- A valid driver’s license
- Planning and organisational skills
- Report writing skills
- People skills
- Pro-active and motivated
- Communication skills
- Ability to manage projects from inception to completion
- Orderly and trustworthy
- Be multi-lingual
To apply, submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted applicants will receive further correspondence.
For more about Buhle Farmers' Academy refer to www.buhle.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies