Tshikululu Social Investments
Tshikululu Social Investments is South Africa’s leading corporate social investment manager. Led by a team of thought leaders, Tshikululu provides private sector entities with a one-stop service to undertake comprehensive social investment and community grant making in line with national and international development trends.
Tshikululu Social Investments seeks to appoint a Social Investment Analyst to be based in South Africa.
The purpose of the position is to implement client social investment strategies and programmes through grant making and programme management
Social investment, grant making and programme management
- Evaluate all funding proposals that align to strategic priorities by assessing the investment-case for each, analysing data and crafting recommendations that highlighting risks (e.g. programmatic, financial, compliance, reputational) and opportunities for investment, and submitting these for review
- Participate in programme-specific social investment processes by engaging with potential partners, participating in shortlisting of applicants, conducting thorough due diligence
- Present social investment recommendations (based on due diligence, research and stakeholder engagement) to clients for approval to facilitate decision-making
- Ensure accurate contracting with programme partners for all approved social investments
- Manage active social investments/grants/ programmes by maintaining professional and productive relationships with partners, ensuring strong monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of all activities, receiving and reviewing reports from partners and producing impact reports for clients
- Support Social Impact Specialists and the team fellow SI Analysts in the development of high-quality social investment strategies for clients, including both new clients and revision of current strategies for existing clients
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Implement monitoring and evaluation plans for allocated social investments/grants/programmes by implementing tools, accurately capturing data and analysing information to drive data-driven decision-making
- Conduct and report on site visits as and when required utilising approved monitoring and evaluation protocols and in line with the approved monitoring and evaluation plan
- Produce high-quality reports clearly communicating the impact achieved through each social investment made
- Participate in new business development processes, including assistance with proposals and delivery to clients
- Actively participate in internal and external forums to drive Tshikululu’s positioning and relevance in the social investment space
- Engage with various stakeholders to ensure strong networks and understanding of the social investment space
- Produce high-quality thought pieces on various social investment topics for our website and other platforms as a contribution to Tshikululu’s thought leadership
- Provide additional support to ensure effective implementation of social investment team activities, as and when required
- Degree in Development, Economics, Business Science, Social Science or similar required
- Minimum of two to three years’ experience in social investment, project management, consulting preferred
- Fluency in Afrikaans, both verbal and written is required
- Internal stakeholders
- Programme partners
To apply, submit your applications to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Preference will be given to South African citizens.
Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Appointments will be made in line with Tshikululu’s Employment Equity plan and other required legislation.
Tshikululu Social Investments will not be liable for interview travel cost or relocation cost.
Tshikululu Social Investments reserve the right not to proceed with the filling of the advertised post.
An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
Ensure that you meet the above requirements before you apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
If you have not been contacted within three weeks of the closing date, accept that your application was unsuccessful.
For more about the Tshikululu Social Investments, refer to www.tshikululu.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies