The FORD FOUNDATION
The FORD FOUNDATION is an independent, nonprofit grant-making organization. For more than 75 years it has worked with visionary people on the frontlines of social change worldwide, guided by its mission to strengthen democratic values, reduce poverty and injustice, promote international cooperation, and advance human achievement. With headquarters in New York, the foundation has ten regional offices in Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia.
Based in Johannesburg, TheFord Foundation seeks to fill the following vacancy:
PROGRAM ASSOCIATE - INTERNATIONAL GENDER, RACIAL AND ETHNIC JUSTICE PROGRAM
The Program Associate will work as part of a team of program staff who are implementing a global strategy under the Ford Foundation’s International Gender, Racial and Ethnic Justice Program (“GREJ) which seeks to ensure that women and girls, especially those most marginalized, are safer, more empowered and experience less violence. The Program Associate holds a variety of responsibilities related to the research, analysis, and coordination of programmatic activities with a primary focus supporting the team to implement the grant making strategy through learning, research and analysis, tracking progress towards outcomes, and monitoring external context shifts, and the health of the field and organizations the program supports. Reporting to the Director of the International Gender, Racial and Ethnic Justice Program, the Program Associate will also serve as a strong conduit for shared learning within the team and across programmatic teams.
The Program Associate will form part of a global team based in New York and South Africa and will also serve as support to offices working on GREJ, i.e India, Nigeria and South Africa, to make grants, manage relationships and projects, analyze trends, and assist in strategic planning.
The Program Associate must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant social science field and minimum 3 years’ experience working in a program-related support capacity and/or research and writing capacity with a specific focus on global women’s rights, violence against women and girls and/or social justice philanthropy space
- Demonstrate a global South feminist perspective on women and girls power and has experience engaging with global South networks
- Excellent understanding of tensions/debates within the feminist movement in relation to race, class, disability, sexual orientation and gender as well as the ability to navigate U.S and global South feminist movements and women’s rights stakeholders
- Exceptional communication skills – strong active listening skills, constructive verbal and written skills, strong public presentation skills
- Strong proficiency with research, data collection, review, analysis, and reporting
- Strong proficiency with the use of software platforms and high degree of comfort with multiple technology applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and databases
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a multi-faceted, multitasking environment
- Demonstrated ability to be a productive member of a community of people at work, respecting differences while working toward shared goals, comfort with periods of ambiguity, constructive participation in ongoing organizational development
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Thursday 18th April 2019 to email@example.com