The Thembalitsha Foundation registered nonprofit organisation that assists with the development and growth in lives of those in need giving them hope.
Thembalitsha Foundation seeks to appoint a Financial Director to be based in Somerset West, Western Cape.
Report to: Managing Director
This is a part-time position, 10 to 15 hours a week.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements relating to financial control, financial management and accounting
- Review and finalise financial records for each project in a manner that facilitates management reports
- Resolution of day to day finance/accounting queries (internal and external)
- Develop and manage financial systems/models which will enable proper monthly and quarterly reports including infrastructure projects reports
- Ensure effective financial and risk management and proactively managing internal controls.
- Produce required financial reports for Executive management, and quarterly reports as required by the Board of Directors
- Prepare financial statements and ensuring compliance with all relevant statutory requirements, regulations and standards
- Oversee and supervise the finance department
- Liaise with external auditors (partner)
- Manage the budget process while contributing to effective strategic and business planning systems and ensuring timely management reporting
- Review prepared budgets for funding applications before it is send out
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems and ensure compliance with appropriate accounting standards, regulatory and audit requirements
- CA (SA) Minimum of five years post articles experience
- Minimum of three years’ experience in managing a team of people in a finance department
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office with Excel advance
- Experience in the non-profit industry advantageous
- English and Afrikaans communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
To apply, submit CV, qualifications and contactable references or queries with salary expectations to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
If you have not received a response within two weeks of your application, consider your application unsuccessful.
Thembalitsha reserves the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time.
For more about Thembalitsha Foundation and school of Hope, refer to www.hope.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies