Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC
Position: Logistic Manager
Opportunity Closing Date: 12 April 2019
Opportunity Type: Fixed Term Employment
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC seeks individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people in the Southern African region and demonstrate leadership, versatility and integrity in their work. We are seeking exceptional Pretoria-based candidates for the USAID Southern Africa Energy Program (SAEP).
The USAID Southern Africa Energy Program (SAEP) works to advance energy policy and regulatory reform, and accelerate investment to increase power generation and access to electricity throughout the region. According to World Bank data, less than 25% of the non-South African population living in the Southern African region have access to electric power. The limited reliable power affects the competitiveness of Southern African industry, agriculture, and the economic opportunity and health conditions for rural populations, women, and youth. Through strengthening the enabling environment and facilitating public and private transactions, SAEP leverages the momentum of private investment to help focus SAEP’s resources in ways that best support the reform of national and regional energy ecosystems. At the same time, SAEP produces the tangible results needed to create a sustainable cycle of additional reforms, increased investment and continued political will.
Position Description, Objective & Responsibilities:
The Logistic Manager will support the SAEP Team in the successful implementation of all aspects of the Program’s Work Plan and achievement of the Program objective. Specifically, the Logistics Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all SAEP activities in relation to planning, organizing, and executing the SAEP program in regards to travel, logistics, procurement and event arrangements and activities be executed in a professional manner. This role also includes the supervision of the Driver/Logistics Assistant.
Travel and Transport Coordination (Supervise Driver/Logistics Assistant)
- Maintain travel arrangements (booking of flights/hotels, arrange hotel/airport pick-ups, Etc.), ensuring that the necessary logistical arrangements are in place
- Generate/Modify Travel Approval Requests (TARs) according to USAID requirements, and develop and maintain the SAEP Monthly Travel Schedule
- Facilitate the process of arranging and booking airline tickets through the local and international travel agents
- Arrange airport transfers and transportation with designated hotels or drivers to ensure the SAEP Team movement thought the Southern Africa region is smooth and error free
- Facilitate the process of booking SAEP Team members’ accommodation in the Southern Africa Region through a hotel, and facilitate the payment process thereof locally and internationally
- Assist with travel clearances and modification, visa applications, and maintain the SAEP Emergency Contact Information Database
- Monitor visa regimes throughout Southern Africa to ensure that optimal travel preparation occur
- Maintain the SAEP Trip Report Tracker
- Review project vehicle trip logs and vehicle use management
- Ensure project vehicle is well maintained and available to transport SAEP staff for business as needed
- Coordinate transport requests for all SAEP advisors/staff daily, and oversee the project vehicle and driver
- Ensure that SAEP administrative staff supporting travel across Southern Africa follow procedures set forth by SAEP
- Track, oversee, manage expatriate arrivals and update a Bi-Weekly, Quarterly and Annual Reports according to travel requests received and confirmed
Logistics, Procurement and Event Coordination
- Work with the Communications Manager and Administrative Officer to assist with logistics of planning, scheduling, and operating of project events and trainings
- Develop venue specs for use by the Subcontracts Officer to obtain quotes from different vendors for venues and services, select vendors, and to negotiate contracts in compliance with USAID regulations and Deloitte processes
- Establish and maintain relationships with lodging and airfare providers to ensure that SAEP maximizes savings for USAID
- Serve as main Point of Contact for SAEP events
- Track USAID and partner events to ensure maximum stakeholder engagement
- Assist in the process of clearing government officials attending events
- Assist Communications Manager with upkeep of the SAEP Activity Calendar
Minimum Skills, Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Administration, Procurement or equivalent training and experience required;
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in managing logistics, office operations and/or workshops coordination preferably in a USAID project environment;
- Knowledge of Southern African travel, logistics, markets and vendors;
- Excellent analytical, negotiations and organisational skills;
- Comfort with Google email, documents and calendar platform;
- Experience with foreign or international organizations will be an added advantage;
- English language fluency (strong written and verbal skills) required;
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (E.G., Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word);
- Prior experience on a donor-funded energy sector project delivery. USAID-funded project preferred;
- Strong individual initiative, including the ability to take ownership of work and work product, motivate others to produce strong work product and solve problems; and
- Strong individual initiative, including the ability to manage daily activities and achieve expected results with minimal oversight
NOTE: Only South African citizens or South African permanent resident permit holders will be considered for this role. No relocation cost will be covered by Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC or the USAID Southern Africa Energy Program.
Send a cover letter and a CV (PDF or Word format) that includes contact information and three references to email@example.com by COB 12 April 2019. Please include the title of the position you are applying for in the Subject Line of the email. No telephone inquiries. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.