The Bantwana Initiative of World Education, Inc.
The Bantwana Initiative of World Education, Inc. (www.bantwana.org) seeks an experienced candidate for the role of Technical Lead-OVC for an anticipated USAID-funded program aimed at preventing new HIV infections and reducing vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children and adolescent girls and young women in Lesotho. Based in Maseru and reporting to the Chief of Party, the Technical Lead-OVC will provide technical leadership to improve comprehensive service delivery to vulnerable children, youth and families. Responsibilities include capacity development of local partners, coordination with government, work planning and reporting.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the COP in providing technical leadership and strategic direction to the project in alignment with project objectives/indicators, technical standards, and best practices in the field.
- Strategize and lead programming efforts to improve comprehensive service delivery to OVC and AGYW and their families with a focus on the “95-95-95” goals.
- Work closely with the COP to ensure sound overall management of project implementation, including oversight of M&E, financial management and administration and grants management functions.
- Provide technical supervision and assign technical responsibilities as needed for the project staff and relevant project partners.
- Oversee coordination with program partners and identification and response to partner needs for training, technical assistance, and capacity development.
- Coordinate and serve as key contact for NGO, government and/or private sector partners.
- Keep abreast of technical developments, new research and evidence-based curricula to inform an integrated program delivery strategy.
- Submit timely and accurate reports related to progress and other reports as required to the COP for onward submission to the donor.
- Ensure project compliance with HQ and donor requirements, policies, and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in international development, public health, sociology/social work, child development, education or a closely related field is required.
- At least 8 years of senior-level experience in design, implementation and management of large development/public health projects.
- At least 5 years of experience with programming for OVC and AGYW populations, with expertise in one or more of the following programmatic areas: child protection/welfare; early childhood development; HIV prevention, treatment, care and support; systems strengthening; economic strengthening; quality improvement; and/or policy development.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, managerial, leadership, communications and interpersonal skills, including experience coordinating and building the capacity of program staff and partner organizations.
- Experience with the Lesotho operating environment and familiarity with Lesotho’s strategic plans and policies.
- Experience in implementing USAID/PEPFAR-funded programs preferred.
- Excellent English writing, oral presentation and communication skills required.
- Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, please visit the job opportunities page at https://www.worlded.org/WEIInternet/workforus/jobpostings.cfm and click on the position name on the job posting page.
WEI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
If you are an individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and unable to apply online for an available position, you may submit your request for reasonable accommodation by calling Human Resources at 617-482-9485.