ActionAid South Africa
LOCAL RIGHTS PROGRAMME (LRP) OFFICER : Mokopane
Action Aid (AA) is a global movement of people working together to further human rights for all and end poverty.
ActionAid South Africa (AASA) is a country programme of Actionaid International, a federation of 47 country programmes around the world working to end global poverty and inequality. AASA has a vibrant and rapidly expanding programmes team.
AASA is looking to recruit Local Rights Programme Officer to join in the Programmes Unit ,the position exists to provide effective programmatic implementation across all programme areas at LRP level and the role will from time to time be required to carry out any other duties that are within the scope of the job. Specifically they may need to support the LRP CS officer during busy collection and mailing periods.Also involves supporting the general administrative and substantive functioning of the LRP correspondences and in liaison with M&E Manager.
Main duties and responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Develop annual plan and budget for programme implementation at the LRP
- Lead the design and implementation of activites related to Woomen’s Rights, Youth and Education and Natural Resources at LRP level
- Support all M and E processes in the LRP (including assisting in LRP strategy development, baseline collection, PRRP, routine monitoring and data collection)
- Support the development and activities of community based networks and CBOs
- Oversee the work of volunteers of programme work in the LRP
- Supply both the comms unit and the CS unit with stories and pictures for community newsletters and other uses
- Develop parcels of work suitable to IPD or HV donors and work with national programme staff to write propoals.
- Build relationships with other NGOs and groups working in and around the LRP
- Support connections with local government at the LRP
- Work with the national office finance staff to ensure the effective use of LRP budgets implementing programme work
- Diploma or Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies and Rural development or relevant experience
- Proficiency in English and relevant languages to the geographic location of the LRP (SePedi)
The ideal candidate should have the following experiences:
- 3 years experience in relevant development work including community mobilisation
- Ability to write concise and accurate reports to agreed deadlines,
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills in English and local languages
- Proficiency in the use of standard computer software, especially Microsoft Office
- Ability and preparedness to travel and work in difficult conditions;
- A motivated self-starter with initiative, flexibility and enthusiasm;
- Commitment to ActionAid International’s mission, vision and values as well as relief and development work.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Clean and valid driver’s license
Please send your CV and a one page motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, 05 April 2019.
You are requested to highlight in the cover letter how you specifically meet the criteria for this role.
Please indicate in the subject line of your email the position you are applying for.