ActionAid South Africa
ActionAid South Africa: Video Editor & VideoGrapher - Cunsultant
ActionAid South Africa (AASA) is a country programme of Actionaid International, a federation of 47 country programmes around the world working to end global poverty and inequality.
AASA is looking to employ a Vidoe Editor & VideoGrapher in the Communications Department to servicesand support Fundraising & Marketing Manager and The Video Editor & Videographer will primarily be responsible for editing videos. As part of this role the candidate will also be required to contribute towards concepting, directing and filming as well as motion graphics. They will essentially be the project manager for each video production. The candidate will also need to be able to produce high quality material suitable for TV broadcasts. This demanding and varied role requires a committed and responsible person with excellent communication and organisational skills. Leadership and motivational qualities are essential, as is the ability to multi-task and prioritise work.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- The ability to edit video recordings to a very high standard in order to produce material for campaigns, events, fundraising challenges and overseas humanitarian projects.
- Create and edit motion graphics to an excellent standard using a variety of software listed (but not limited to) below: o Adobe After Effects o Adobe Premiere Pro o Final Cut Pro X (Mac)
- To be able to deliver Broadcast Quality production including TV Ads and short documentaries
- Required to have knowledge and understanding of most matters relating to videography, Photography, lighting for capturing stills
- Required to have knowledge and understanding of various filming techniques such as Indoor and outdoor filming, ‘filming on the go’, interview based filming
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Minimum Diploma / Certificate in a communications/public Relations/marketing/Fundraising
- At least 3 years’ experience of working within the field of media and NGO experience is desirable.
- Proactive communicator, able to build relationships and provide support across a range of work areas
Knowledge and Experience:
- High proficiency in using Apple Mac & PC computers
- High proficiency in using: o Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Premiere Pro (E) o Final Cut Pro X (Mac) (E)
- Excellent time management and organisation skills (E)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously (E)
- The ability to plan, schedule and meet deadlines (E)
- Be able to deliver content to various social media platforms e.g. YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. (E)
- Basic level knowledge of using Photoshop or photo editing suits.
- Experience in editing both long & short form video content (E)
In order to apply Please submit the following documents before the closing date of 25 March 2019; email address email@example.com
- Summary of Personal Bio outling the applicants experience and contact numbers of 3 reputable referees.
- Detail CV and company registration documentation with list of directors.
- Share previous work experience or portfolio. .