Save the Children South Africa
Face to Face (F2F) Fundraiser
Opportunity Closing Date: 11 April 2019
Opportunity Type: Fixed-Term Contract
Since its inception in1919, the global community of Save the Children has been at the forefront of saving children’s lives and creating lasting change for children and their families through our long-term development programs. Save the Children South Africa is committed to reaching every last child through our programmes, and strives for the realisation of the rights of the child in our country.
Save the Children South Africa seeks F2F Fundraisers that will echo the work of the organisation, and inspire people to support it through regular giving. The position will be based in the Western Cape.
Applicants must be willing and able to travel for work within the region, and occasionally further out to other provinces.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this role is to recruit and secure new long term donors for the organisation. The fundraiser will disseminate first-hand information on SCSA to the public (Ambassador).
- Raise funds from individual donors by:
- Building rapport with people who are approached and providing an excellent initial supporter experience,
- Answering questions about SCSA, handling objections and using your talents to convince potential supporters of the value of their support,
- Inspiring potential supporters to sign up for a regular monthly donation by direct debit.
- Maintain an understanding of SCSA programmes, campaigns and causes to be able to talk convincingly to potential supporters about the organisation’s work. This includes keeping up to date with projects and news that affects the team and by participating in training, talking with relevant SCSA staff, undertaking individual research, etc.
- Be accountable for achieving daily goals or targets (in terms of quantity and quality), in accordance with agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Ensure the effective and accurate administration and processing of personal sign ups.
- Support new and existing team members and proactively work to maintain a positive working atmosphere.
- Represent SCSA in the public sphere in a positive and inspiring manner.
- Take responsibility for any SCSA equipment that provided to fulfil the role and which is entrusted to your care.
- Adhere to SCSA Code of Conduct at all times.
- Assist with other fundraising or campaigning activities as directed by the F2F Fundraising Manager.
- Actively participate in relevant team-building, group activities or meetings.
- Undertake any other tasks that may be delegated by the Team Leader and/or F2F Fundraising Manager that are in keeping with the scope of the role.
- Previous fundraising or sales experience, including face to face fundraising, is preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to easily build rapport with a diverse range of people
- A positive attitude and high levels of self-motivation
- Ambitious, results orientated and ability to work in a target driven environment
- Excellent communication skills, creativity and the ability to develop new ways to inspire people about what SCSA does
- Ability to work well under pressure and to handle rejection
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Reliable and adaptable
- An interest in and passion for SCSA cause
- Commitment to SCSA mission and values
All candidates are to send their CVs and a cover letter to email@example.com with subject “F2F Fundraiser: Western Cape” no later than 11 April 2019.
SCSA reserves the right to expire jobs at its own discretion. If you do not receive a response within two weeks of your application, please consider that your application was most likely unsuccessful. Thank you for your application and your interest in SCSA.