South African Business Coalition on Health and AIDS
South African Business Coalition on Health and AIDS t/a SABCOHA is a Non-Profit organization that was established in 2001 by strategic business representatives to facilitate and coordinate the Private Sector response to HIV and AIDS. SABCOHA’s vision has since broadened to provide a platform for business to unite around health and productivity issues in the workplace and beyond in support of national and international health goals. The Private Sector participation approach is in line with the National Development Plan, which relies on bringing in additional capacity and expertise to strengthen results-based health systems through partnerships between the private and public sectors.
SABCOHA seeks to appoint a Chief Executive Officer, to be based in Johannesburg.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
Closing Date for applications: 29 March 2019
Accountable to SABCOHA’s Board of Directors and members, the purpose of the CEO position is to drive the overall leadership of SABCOHA’s strategic direction, while growing its membership and managing SABCOHA’s key partnerships and the secretariat team.
Key responsibilities as the Chief Executive Officer will include:
- Growing SABCOHA’s membership base and ensuring sustainability of the organization
- Providing general oversight of all SABCOHA’s activities, managing the day to day operations, and ensuring a smoothly functioning, efficient organization
- Determining the short- and long-term goals of the organization in conjunction with the Board of Directors
- Identifying, driving and implementing new value propositions with the intention of aggressively growing the organization and its membership base
- Lead the preparation and implementation of strategic plans and organizational development plans
- Resource mobilization, financial stewardship and accountability to donors and other stakeholders
- Guiding the organization and its employees through periods of growth
- Solidifying the organization’s position in the Health Space
- Building alliances and partnerships with other organizations
- Modelling and setting the company’s vision, mission, culture, values and behaviour
- Developing an organizational environment that promotes positive staff morale and performance
- Building and leading the senior management team
- Specifying accountabilities for management personnel and evaluating performance regularly
- Ensuring organizational stability through development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures
- Overseeing the fiscal activities of the organization, including budgeting and reporting
- Monitoring and overseeing compliance with relevant laws and regulations as required in conjunction with the relevant stakeholders
- Acting as the main point of communication between the member companies, relevant stakeholders and management of the organization
- Keeping the Board fully informed on the condition of SABCOHA and all problems, risks, opportunities, trends and issues that may affect the organization
Requirements for the Chief Executive Officer position based in Johannesburg:
- Relevant business tertiary and post graduate qualifications, combined with at least ten years of senior management experience, and preferably Board experience within the NPO sector, and a proven record of effective leadership and performance in a regional or similar role.
- An ability to coach and lead management and staff to meet the high-performance levels required to meet the objectives and overall operational and strategic plans of the organization.
- Sound skills in Public Relations, Communication and Fundraising, and strong networking capacity in a variety of spheres.
- A working style that is proactive, energetic, and innovative in approach, with the ability to be flexible and entrepreneurial.
- High level of integrity, idealism and passion, with a self-motivated and positive attitude.
- Strong understanding of diverse business functions including marketing, finance, budgeting, corporate governance, human resources and project management.
- Ability to influence, gain consensus and sustain relationships.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in negotiating and managing donor funded programs.
- Commitment to results, business savvy, leader of change and innovation.
If you meet the above requirements for this Chief Executive Officer position in Johannesburg, we would love to hear from you! Please send your updated CV through to email@example.com
If you do not receive any feedback within 7 days of your application, please be advised that you were not successful in making the shortlist.