Development Alternatives Initiative
The Southern Africa Trade and Investment Hub project (“the Hub”) is helping the Southern Africa region, including the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) Member States, the private sector, and civil society organizations to realize greater regional and global trade linkages and export-oriented business opportunities. These objectives are underpinned by an improved regional trade and investment-enabling environment coupled with increased agricultural value chain competitiveness supporting intra-regional trade.
Objectives and Duties:
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will support the Regional ME&L Manager with drafting, monitoring, and reporting on the Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (PMEP). The M&E Officer will also report on progress against each activity, monitor/facilitate sub-activities and ensuring technical support to each activity area is effective and efficient.
He/she will provide support of the information management and design of a monitoring and reporting system including development of program indicators to help inform USAID, the Chief of Party, and Project Technical Team of program status and progress toward achievement of key results. The individual will report to the Regional Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager.
He/she will be responsible for the following
- Monitor the systematic data collection and analysis of program indicators
- Ensure data quality criteria are met at all levels of the data management process
- Coordinate and support on-site data verification visits and ensure that formal data quality audit findings
- Coordinate internal Routine Data Quality Assurance (RDQA) sessions and ensure that findings are shared with M&E manager
- Ensure that indicator data evidence is submitted by technical teams in a timely fashion, is reviewed for completion, and is filed as per standard operating procedures
- Liaise with program teams on data collection, entry and quality assurance queries
- Ensure implementation and maintenance of project databases (Fulcrum and TAMIS) and maintain a functional physical document management system.
- After quarterly reports are submitted ensure that all data is filed accordingly, conduct a review of the exercise.
- Work with team to ensure M&E accurately captures curriculum objectives and field needs
- Work with M&E Manager to analyze data for donor-requested reports
- Support the communications team with data reporting for success stories, quarterly reports and annual reports.
- Work with the M&E manager to develop survey administration protocols, implement evaluations and surveys to assess project impact
- Provide ongoing capacity building to staff members on M&E and data management principles and processes
- Support partners in monitoring and reporting of indicator data
- Assist in designing and providing training for local partners on M&E
- Assist in conduct performance reflection, learning and review meetings with technical leads
- Maintain records of program and project data, lessons learned, and best practices and share with all concerned
- Perform other duties as assigned by the M&E Manager
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s in Development, economics, or similar field required.
- Three or more years of experience in project monitoring and evaluation
- Experience with donor-funded programs required, experience with USAID and Feed the Future data reporting is preferred
- At least one year of experience in survey development is preferred
- Proficiency in database management and data analysis
- Strong writing abilities
- Fluent English required
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will have no supervisory responsibilities.
Base of Operations:
- Pretoria, South Africa with potential travel within the Southern Africa region.
Closing Date: April 12, 2019, Send CVs and cover letter to email SATIH-Recruitiment@dai.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.