Background / Context of Task
Since 2011, REPSSI in partnership with some other Institutes has held four Regional Psychosocial Support Forums which have been attended by over 1 500 participants. The forums where held in South Africa (2011), Kenya (2013), Zimbabwe (2015) and Tanzania (2017). The biannual PSS forum brings together youth, practitioners, researchers, academics, policy makers, international cooperating partners, and media to network, share evidence and promising practices, discuss challenges and develop new solutions, to influence policy formulation and enhance programming.
The theme of the fifth PSS forum, which will take place in Windhoek, Namibia from 27 to 29 August 2019, is “Breaking Barriers…Creating Connections”
Objectives of the Forum:
- Sharing experiences of and identifying strategies for psychosocial support as an enabler of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Facilitating research collaboration, learning communities and communities of practice across disciplines, sectors, and initiatives to promote resilience in girls, boys, youth, families and communities
- Influencing policy formulation and implementation to promote psychosocial and mental wellbeing of all children and families
Scope of Work
- Provide Simultaneous Interpretation at the PSS Forum - from and to the following languages English, French and Portuguese. English will be used as the floor language throughout the Forum
- Translate the Forum communiqué and other forum documents from English to French and Portuguese. The communiqué will be presented on the last day of the Forum
- Provide and operate interpretation/AV system
- Clear and accurate interpretation from/to the three languages is essential for the proceedings and outcomes at the Forum
- Timeous delivery of accurate translated communiqué and other forum documents
Qualifications or Specialised Knowledge / Experience Required
- Minimum of three years working experience as interpreters/translators with SADC or similar institutes
- Knowledge and understanding of psychosocial support and the field of social sciences in general
- Writing and editing skills to prepare written materials in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills including good verbal communication skills in English, French and Portuguese
- Committed to the principles and values of child rights
The interpreters / translators will liaise with the Head: Advocacy and SBCC, ahead of and throughout the forum to ensure that all expected outputs are achieved
All potential consultants that fall into any of the following categories will be excluded from participating in REPSSI projects:
- If you have been convicted of an offence concerning your professional conduct by a court judgment
- If you have been convicted of an offence concerning child abuse
- If you have been guilty of grave professional misconduct proven by any means that the contracting authority can justify
- If you have not fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions or the payment of taxes in accordance with the legal provisions of the tax law of your country
- If you have been the subject of a court judgment for fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organisation or any other illegal activity
- If you have been declared to be in serious breach of contract for failure to comply with previous contractual obligations
All interested consultants must confirm in writing that they do not fall in any of the above categories.
How to apply
Please send your proposal, highlighting the following:
- A brief introduction of the bidding firm or person attaching relevant CVs
- Your understanding of the Terms of Reference explanation of your ability to deliver on the ToR and provide evidence of similar work undertaken in the past including names of references as well as professional fees
- Proposed budget
All relevant information (CV, cover letter, copies of testimonials, certificate of works, and at least 3 contact references) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by the 12th of April 2019.
Please indicate the consultancy title in the subject of your email. The successful applicant will be notified by the 30th of April 2019.
For more about the Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative, refer to www.repssi.org
To view other opportunities, refer to www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities