ActionAid South Africa
ACTIONAID South Africa
CHILD SPONSORSHIP OFFICER
ActionAid SA is looking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to join the Child Sponsorship Unit.
The incumbent should be a passionate outgoing individual who will fill the role of Child Sponsorship Officer in Johannesburg
The purpose of the role is to provide and create supporter focused communications and emotional connection with supporters and showcase AA’s development achievements, including assessing content and writing high quality and creative final copy for both online and offline markets. The role will ensure all copy is to the highest standard and in line with ActionAid’s brand, vision and mission.
Main Duties may include, but not limited to:
- Ensure planning, develop and manage country communications, coordinating to agree content requirements and plans, and acting as the main point of content.
- Assess raw content (stories, photographs and film) collected from AA’s programmes for audience appropriateness, and request additional information to improve, develop and approve its suitability.
- To select content, deciding how, when and where to use stories and images to meet the needs of supporters and supporter journeys.
- To create the copy for Child Profile texts as a critical initial piece of the child sponsor supporter journey, ensuing the profiles focus on the individual child, are engaging, unique, detailed and accurate.
- Creating compelling, high quality final copy for Child Sponsorship and Regular Giving programme (digital and direct mail) and to re-purpose information for different audiences, ensuring maximum exposure through digital and social media platforms to inspire, retain and engage existing and new supporters.
- Work with AASA Country Programme to produce feedback for supporters
- To work closely with International teams to share information, contribute to the development of other communications and products, and deliver an integrated online and offline supporter journey.
- Assist colleagues to prepare budgets and team plans, ensuring individual activities are achieved on time and within budget.
- Develop strong working relationships with the Data team to select accurate, timely and appropriate supporter data for feedback mailings.
- Partner Supporter Contact and Administration teams to ensure they can respond appropriately to any relevant supporter queries and concerns.
- Monitor the performance of communication pieces and share insight with line-manager and wider fundraising team.
- Support the development and testing of new and innovative communications tools.
- Collaboratively with other departments to identify pieces of communications which can add value to other projects, appeals, or campaigns and to ensure fully integrated, market leading communications
- To design & facilitate training packages to improve the capacity among Country Programme colleagues to deliver market leading supporter care.
- To utilise deep knowledge and expertise of the child sponsorship programme to develop internal skills and awareness of this key organisational product, showcasing the impact through internal communications (staff briefings, workshops and meetings.)
- Communications Degree or Equivalent work related experience
- Minimum Diploma / Certificate in a communications/public Relations/marketing
The ideal candidate should have the following experience
- Experience of planning and managing supporter feedback journeys including the ability to make decisions about and develop audience-appropriate content
- Proven experience of implementing brand and design guidelines
- Writing and producing concise and accurate reports to agreed deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, negotiation and communication skills in English and other local languages
- Experience of developing and delivering coaching and training to a range of audiences across different cultures and abilities
- Proficiency in the use of standard computer software, especially Microsoft Office and digital platforms
- Strong copy writing skills and proof-reading skills for both direct mailing and digital fundraising communications
- Commitment to taking a Digital first approach to fundraising planning, campaign execution and ways of working
- Clean and valid driver’s license
- Commitment to ActionAid mission, vision and values and development work
- Experience/Knowledge of the civil society / international NGO environment would be an advantage
Ability and willingness to travel in local and out of the country, often at short notice.
Applications should be sent with your CV and a motivation letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday,29 March 2019.
Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for in the email subject line.