|LOCATION||Newlands, Cape Town|
|EMPLOYMENT TYPE||Fixed term – ending 30 September|
|SALARY RANGE||Market Related – To be discussed|
The incumbent will be required to facilitate technical training and mentorship in HIV counselling and testing, TB/STI screening, HIV self-screening, ART-readiness, and referral to appropriate DOH care, treatment, diagnostic services.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Nursing with a minimum of 5 years’ experience, or
- Diploma Nursing with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Postgraduate training in Primary Health Care Nursing or Public Health is highly desirable.
- Must have received the HIV/AIDS management or NIMART training, and must have previously worked as a Nurse Mentor
- 5 years' experience in working in a primary health care setting
- 3-5 years’ experience working as a Clinical Trainer/Mentor/Facilitator in an HIV setting.
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council.
- Valid Driver's License (own vehicle for daily use is essential)
INHERENT REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- Should have good written, oral and interpersonal English communication skills. Knowledge and fluency in either Afrikaans or Xhosa is required. Fluency in other South African languages and/or French and/or Shona is advantageous. Ability to read, analyze and interpret training materials and clinical/technical guidelines and protocols is required.
- Must be adept with using the MS Office suite particularly MS Word and MS Excel.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
- Intermediate Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages and proportions.
- Highest Skills: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic or schedule form.
- The collecting and recording of healthcare data or information is considered sensitive and carry both a moral and ethical requirement to maintain and protect such information.
- While the incumbent by virtue of his/her registration to the SA Nursing Council is obliged to honor the code of confidentiality, a separate confidentiality agreement may also apply.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work under the guidance of the Quality Assurance Manager to achieve the training and mentorship targets of the iKapa Cares and HIV self-screening projects;
- Responsible for day-to-day training and clinical mentorship activities of nursing staff in retail pharmacy clinics on HIV counseling and testing, HIV self-screening, TB and STI screening and appropriate referral to DOH care, treatment, additional diagnosis services.
- This position involves extensive daily travel within the Cape Metro to provide mentorship and support to retail pharmacy nurses, including informal settlements.
- Participate in the revision, adaptation and/or development of relevant training materials
- Creating and maintain a liaison with retail pharmacy clinics where we will implement training and mentorship activities, and with other collaborating partners involved in those sites;
- Collect feedback and periodically report on the progress of the project’s training and mentorship activities, including HTS implementation at supported facilities;
- Ensures compliance to DOH HTS policies and procedures;
- Conduct knowledge and skills analysis
- Adapt training and mentoring skills to different models of health systems
- Keep up to date with developments in the field
- Working knowledge of SA DOH HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Management guidelines (and Western Cape DOH)
- Provide clinical advice to staff in the clinics
- Schedule, plan and implement training programme and training interventions
- Ensure monthly statistics are collected from all supported retail pharmacy clinics
- This position will not provide direct services to clients/patients
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Submit your application to email@example.com or Fax: 021 413 2933
- Your application must contain ALL of the following:
- A cover letter motivating your application
- Your salary expectation for this role
- Submit your up to date CV
Application Deadline: Close of business, Monday 18 March 2019
Please take note of the following before submitting an application:
- Ensure that you meet the all of the requirements of the position (educational, inherent requirements as well as required experience)
- Unless otherwise stated CareWorks will not pay relocation costs for candidates who wish to take up a position in another town or province
- CareWorks reserves the right not to fill this vacancy and to withdraw the advertisement for this position at any stage during the recruitment process
- We are committed to transformation. Meeting our employment equity goals will be taken into account in our recruitment decisions
- Due to high volumes of applications only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us 2 weeks after the application deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.