Tshikululu Social Investments
Tshikululu Social Investments is South Africa’s leading corporate social investment manager. Led by a team of thought leaders, Tshikululu provides private sector entities with a one-stop service to undertake comprehensive social investment and community grant making in line with national and international development trends.
Tshikululu Social Investments seeks to appoint a Client Relationship Manager, to be based in Johannesburg.
The purpose of the position is to provide and manage that quality services and effective social investment strategies are delivered to Tshikululu’s Fund Management clients in a manner that ensures client satisfaction. This is to be achieved through managing the implementation of client fund strategies, managing the client relationships effectively and delivering high impact social investment value. The Client Relationship Specialist is the primary interface between Tshikululu and its Fund Management clients.
Client Fund Strategy
- Develop specific client strategies that align to and enhances clients’ social investment and business strategic objectives by facilitating and participating in strategy development meetings with relevant specialists and the Cost Accountant, engaging with clients on their needs, drafting strategies that align client needs with sector opportunities, submitting for approval and distributing within SLA
- Implement the approved strategies by following implementation policy and procedure, measuring delivery in line with objectives, tracking progress monthly and delivering according to deadlines
- Identify and resolve challenges that impact on the ability for client strategies to be delivered by identifying challenge, developing a solution and resolving when required
- Evaluate and report on impact of implemented strategies by gathering required research, collating, analysing and reporting by agreed deadlines
- Present strategy successes and failures and implement lessons learnt from other strategy implementations by developing and attending presentations, implementing lessons, sharing and tracking information and implementing improvements monthly
- Design and implement strategies that support the Tshikululu Industry leadership and innovation strategy by implementing industry expertise and innovation into client fund management strategies, applying good practise, sourcing new information and applying insights and learning from previous experience to deliver industry leading strategies on an ongoing basis
Client Relationship Management and Implementation
- Deliver the end-to-end client management process of allocated Fund management clients by implementing the fund management processes, policies and procedures, delivering defined objectives and addressing queries and challenges within SLA
- Manage that all funds under management are reviewed for compliance to all relevant legislation annually by creating implementing and updating tracking tools, implementing required amendments with trustees and reporting as required
- Establish relationships with all client stakeholders and internal Tshikululu stakeholders by communicating goals, objectives, and timelines clearly to each stakeholder and building resilient mutually responsive relationships as required
- Build strong relationships and play the primary contact role with clients by providing them with prompt and knowledgeable expertise, support and guidance on social investment and fund management and becoming the go-to resource and their primary point of contact within the company daily and when required
- Implement Tshikululu’s approach to Fund Management by complying with the approach and delivering to standard on an ongoing basis
- Evaluate key client relationships and engage with stakeholders and clients by attending meetings, representing Tshikululu, supporting delivery of client objectives and resolving client queries and issues within SLA and as required
- Deliver client SLA’s according to the Tshikululu policy, procedure and standard and within deadlines
- In partnership with the specialist services, research and knowledge team and the finance team ensure that all aspects of Fund Management are delivered to the highest professional standards daily
- Proactively work with the specialist services and knowledge and research team to manage that there are appropriate resources, objectives and timelines in place and complied with to deliver Fund Management services successfully as required
- Manage and grow existing client relationships and influence positive change in their social investment by identifying opportunity, developing recommendations and implementing approved approaches as required
- Manage client expectations and the scope of work by communicating effectively, ensuring that expectations are supported by documentation and delivering agreed services daily
- Maintain accountability for all deliverables submitted to clients by overseeing, commenting, amending and providing feedback before deliverables are distributed within deadline
- Report on SLA and investment delivery by collecting information, developing reports and submitting by the approved deadlines and to standard
- Complete reports accurately, completely and compliantly by drafting the reports against defined standards and resolving issues within SLA
- Develop and submit any other reports by collecting required information, collating and submitting according to the defined structure within deadline
- Draft and submit adhoc reports according to standards and by deadlines by receiving request, managing that report is drafted, reviewing and submitting by deadline.
- Achieve business retention targets by resolving service issues, building resilient and mutually beneficial relationships and resolving potential customer threats in existing clients as required
- Identify opportunities to increase Tshikululu fund management services within existing clients by engaging with clients, discussing existing contracts, identifying potential opportunities and initiating discussion on providing additional Tshikululu support
- Identify opportunities to initiate Tshikululu Fund Management Services in new clients by engaging with existing clients and receiving referrals, initiating contact with new clients and initiating discussion on providing Tshikululu support and services
- Achieve business development targets for Fund Management by identifying opportunities, building relationships and closing deals as required
- Honours Degree in Business Administration, Social Science, Commerce or similar (Master’s degree is preferred)
- Minimum of three to five years’ of senior client relationship/account management experience
- A minimum of two years developing and implementing operational programmes and solutions in SCR, CSR or Transformation experience is required.
- Experience in the renewable energy sector with community development projects is required
Key Interactions / Relationships
- Client Portfolio Manager
- Specialist Services Manger
- Knowledge and Research Manager
To apply, submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Preference will be given to South African citizens.
Appointments will be made in line with Tshikululu’s Employment Equity plan and other required legislation.
Candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Tshikululu Social Investments will not be liable interview travel cost or relocation cost.
Tshikululu Social Investments reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the post advertised.
An application will not in itself, entitle the applicant to an interview.
Ensure that you meet the above requirements before you apply.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
For more about the Tshikululu Social Investments, refer to www.tshikululu.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies