The South African Breastmilk Reserve(SABR)
The South African Breastmilk Reserve is a nonprofit organisation that came to life in 2003 and today is the largest milk-bank banking partner of the South Africa Department of Health and Netcare, associated with 44 milk banks that supply anything from 75 to 100 hospitals around the country, in a year.
SABR seeks to appoint an Auxiliary Nurse for the Joe Morolong Memorial Hospital, to be based in Vryburg, North West.
The position is available immediately.
- Collect donated milk
- Recruite and assist new mothers to donate breastmilk (DBM)
- Process, pasteurise and store donated milk according to SOP’s
- Ensure the breastmilk bank never runs out of DBM
- Distribute DBM according to SOP’s
- Maintain all the administration documents according to the SOP’s
- Clean and maintain all the cleanliness and hygiene standards according to the SOP’s
- Maintain and enhance the reputation of SABR with the hospitals
- Maintain the equipment and reporting the need for maintenance or equipment failure;
- Ensure quality assurance, health and safety standards and hygiene standards are maintained at all times including universal regular hand washing procedures
- Advocacy work to promote human breast milk banking
- Must have passed matric
- Qualified auxiliary nurse
- Qualified HIV/Aids Counsellor
- Passionate about breast feeding
- Ideally a mother who has breastfed her own children
- Some work experience in the health sector
- Affinity with and sensitivity towards new mothers
- Be self-motivated and able to work on one’s own
- Ideally be computer literate
To apply, submit your CV to email@example.com state you are applying for "Joe Morolong Memorial Hospital" in your subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Work hours 07h00 to 16h00 Monday to Friday.
This position could be suitable for a retired auxiliary nurse who is well integrated and connected in the local community and live close to the hospital.
Only candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.
Only candidates around the area will be considered.
For more about the South African Breast Milk Reserve, refer to www.sabr.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies