Development Action Group
The Development Action Group (DAG) is a leading nonprofit, non-governmental organisation. DAG’s mission is to create, implement and support community-centred developments in order to address economic, social and spatial imbalances.
DAG seeks to employ a Post Graduate Intern, to be based in South Africa.
- Assist in conducting research and design related to housing, land and urban development;
- Assist in facilitation of socio-technical support for community partners across Cape Town
- Provide planning and other technical input in the development of participatory and pro-poor human settlements proposals, land development strategies and participatory planning;
- Coordinate and/or performing tasks related to the collection and processing of data, including co-facilitation of community meetings, participatory planning workshops/ meetings
- Assist with general organisational administration
- A background in the Built Environment, with a minimum of Masters in Architecture, Planning, Property Economics, Development Studies, Engineering etc
- An interest in learning more about and working in the different programmes of DAG
- Commitment and passion to contribute to addressing the many urban development challenges
- Commitment and passion to work with communities facing poverty and structural inequalities
- Dedication to working hard and learning as much as possible
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as to work independently and to take initiative
- The ability to speak two regional languages (ideally)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees and a motivation letter to Kathy Aranes, Development Action Group, 101 Lower Main Road, Observatory 7925 or fax: 021 447 1987 or email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within one week of the closing date.
DAG pursues employment equity and will give preference to female, black and specially-abled candidates.
No relocation costs will be covered
For more about the Development Action Group, refer to www.dag.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies