Grassroot Soccer South Africa (GRS SA)
Job Title: Human Resources Administrator (HR Administrator)
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Supervisor: Human Resource and Wellness Manager
To effectively coordinate the Human Resource (HR) activities for Grassroot Soccer South Africa (GRS SA, including providing admin support to the HR and Wellness Manager, ensure implementation of HR activities as guided by the HR and Wellness Manager, as well as ensure that the HR department supports employees while conforming to South Africa Labour laws.
Human Resource Protocols and Policies
- In consultation with the HR and Wellness Manager, implement HR policies and procedures to ensure understanding that the practice of policies and procedures across GRS SA is consistent and standard.
- Support the HR and Wellness Manager in ensuring that staff understand the safety and security protocols (escape routes, emergency phone numbers, biometric security system, confidential files, staff schedules, etc.) by providing documentation and coordinating trainings.
- Maintain internal controls relevant to salaries processes, identify weaknesses and support the HR and Wellness unit to implement corrective action.
- Conduct monthly salary reviews, and reconciliation to salary actuals to identify and correct variances
- Review leave tracking to ensure accuracy on timesheets and staff pay slips
- Ensure that the information, as loaded on the payroll is accurate and is signed-off by all the relevant stakeholders prior to commencing with the first live run.
Recruitment, selection and staffing
- Handle recruitment and selection processes including posting of adverts, handling responses, setting up interviews etc.
- In consultation with the HR and Wellness manager, develop orientation and on-boarding schedules for new staff
- Liaise with line Managers regarding contracting for staff i.e. contracts, and personal information
- Manage staff file documents and ensure that these comply with the required standards for audit
- Finalise employment contracts and related documentation
- Handle employee terminations; exit interviews, issue final documents such as UIF forms etc.
- Work with the sites to ensure adequate documentation and filling for coaches
- Work with staff on medical aid applications and liaise with the broker and service provider
- Follow up on any medical aid queries
- Handle all HR administration as and when required
Compliance and reporting
- Review leave balances and analyse the different types of leave taken in the month and share the information with relevant stakeholders
- Support the HR and Wellness Manager in the compilation of reports, such as Employment Equity reports
- Complete the Occupational Injuries & Diseases (OID) return.
- Develop and conduct employee surveys and communicate findings
- Ensure proactive communication between the HR unit and all internal stakeholders
- Update staff on changes regarding legislation, company policies and procedures etc
- Take minutes in all HR proceedings
- Coordinate trainings
- Coordinate all HR and Wellness, Health and Safety, Gender and other Committee meetings
- Handle disciplinary inquiries and assist with the administration of the process, sending invitation letters etc
- Coordinate HR visits to the different sites
Employee Wellness Programme
- Support the HR and Wellness Manager and the Senior Care Coordinator with the implementation of the organisation’s employee wellness programme.
- Make recommendations for improving the wellness programme.
Key Professional Experience
- Relevant qualification in either, HR, Industrial psychology or Administration
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in HR administration
- Knowledge of South African Labour Law, both legislative and statutory regulations.
- PC Literacy with strong knowledge and background of VIP system. Ms Office, strong internet and web search skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to deal with people at all levels
- Ability to work independently and solve problems with own initiative.
- Good communication skills
- Should demonstrate ability to run with a variety of tasks simultaneously (multi-tasking) and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Payroll and compensation administration: 1year (added advantage)
Ideal candidate should demonstrate the following traits:
Successful leaders at Grassroot Soccer are bold, yet humble. They are passionate about the mission of Grassroot Soccer, and understand their role on the Grassroot Soccer team to achieve its mission.
Day to day, they are….
- Proactive: can anticipate both opportunities and obstacles and take action
- Professional: level-headed; ability to de-escalate difficult situations, behave exceptionally, and manage/minimize distractions
- Problem Solvers: comfortable with ambiguity, can creatively unlock bottlenecks and turn problems into opportunities
…they demonstrate lots of…
- Common Sense: prioritizing the right things at the right time; making good, quick, informed decisions balancing multiple issues and points of view
- Self-awareness: know where one’s blind spots are, recognize differences, and build a team to complement one’s skills and weaknesses
…and a strong bias for…
Follow-through and outcomes: deliver results, not just create lots of activity
Treating people well: empathetic, kind, great listener, yet can make tough decisions and hold oneself/others accountable
To apply, please submit a CV (max 4 pages and with contactable references) and a cover letter addressed to: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line; HR Coordinator.
Applications close on Sunday 31 March, 2019. If you do not hear from us within two weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.