Chemonics International Inc., a US-based international development consulting firm, is accepting applications from qualified short-term consultants for the USAID-funded Malawi Modern Cooking for Healthy Forests project (“Tiphike Mwa Makono”). This five-year, $11-14M project will promote sustainable forest management of selected landscapes and promote sustainable energy options in Malawi in order to sustainably maintain forest cover and reduce land-based emissions. By increasing the demand for alternative and efficient energy options and technologies and the supply of sustainable wood fuels from well managed forest resources, the Modern Cooking for Healthy Forests project will help Malawi reduce unsustainable tree cutting in both public and customary forests, improve forest cover as well as conserve associated watersheds. We are looking for individuals that have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
We are currently accepting CVs/resumes for experts with the following skills:
- Natural resource management
- Conservation agriculture and/or agroforestry
- Forest and land use policy
- Community-based forest and land management
- Low emissions development
- REDD+ policy and implementation
- Countering illegal timber extraction/trafficking
- Alternative energy sources
- Fuel efficient cookstove technologies
- Social behavior change and demand reduction
- Private sector engagement
- Value chain and enterprise development
- Remote sensing and GIS
- Gender and youth integration
- Monitoring, evaluation, and learning
- Grants and/or subcontracts management
Minimum Qualifications for technical specialists:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required; relevant advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 8 years of progressively responsible experience in fields required for successful implementation of this anticipated activity
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with the Government of Malawi and civil society stakeholders
- Experience with USAID or other international donors preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills to coordinate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Fluency in written and oral English required
- Experience in Malawi preferred, experience in sub-Saharan Africa required
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly submit your application by March 20, 2019 at the https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/87864c7101ed4fe781675a569dcc5ffa
For any other inquiries or if you have issues with the application, please send us an email at MalawiForestryLIVE@chemonics.com. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn about how we process your personal data.
Please use the following link to access the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf.