The Black Sash
The Black Sash mission is working towards the realisation of socio-economic rights, as outlined in the SA Constitution 1996, with the emphasis on social security and social protection for the most vulnerable particularly women and children. We will, in the course of our work, explore options to significantly help to reduce poverty and inequality.
The Black Sash seeks to appoint a Senior Administrator to National Management, to be based in Mowbray, Cape Town.
Start date: Immediately
Remuneration: R 18,780.93 per month (including benefits)
Employment Type: Permanent
The purpose of the Senior Administrator to National Management is to provide quality administrative support to national management.
- Minute-taking (including management and trust meetings) and report writing
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of the organisation’s database
- Administration support to several national managers
- Governance / logistical support
- Meeting and workshop support
- Tertiary Qualification eg. BA Administration and/or Secretarial Diploma / Certicate at a Tertiary Institution
- An unendorsed driver’s licence is essential
- English language skills (verbal, written and editing)
- Advance computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentations
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- People relations skills
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Project management skills
- Ability to multi-task and be proactive
- Minimum of three years experience as a Senior Administrator
- Three to five years working experience in data administration and one or more of the areas such as Resource, Office and Project Administration
- Experience of secretarial support to governing structures and management committees
- Command of spoken and written English is required, and at least one other South African language
- Must be committed to human rights, access to justice, development and empowerment with integrity, honesty and has respect for confidentiality
- Ability to work in a team and with a transparent, accountable and consultative style and embrace the values, vision, strategies and policies of the Black Sash
- Ability to think pro-actively, creatively and responsively and prepared to work hard, under pressure and to deadline, often beyond normal office hours, and to travel occasionally
To apply, submit a Cover Letter and CV (one document), including three contactable referees to email@example.com or fax to 021 686 7168
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Preference will be given to women in line with our Employment Equity Plan.
Enquiries: Mr. JS Marques Tel: (021) 686 6952
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Should you not hear from us within a month from the closing date, accept that your application was unsuccessful.
For more information about the Black Sash, refer to www.blacksash.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies