The Black Sash
The Black Sash mission is working towards the realisation of socio-economic rights, as outlined in the SA Constitution 1996, with the emphasis on social security and social protection for the most vulnerable particularly women and children. We will, in the course of our work, explore options to significantly help to reduce poverty and inequality.
The Black Sash seeks to appoint a National Programme Manager, to be based in Mowbray, Cape Town.
Start date: Immediately
Remuneration: R 51,296.42 per month (including benefits)
The purpose of this position is to support the organisation’s programmes and projects.
- Annual planning, Monitoring and Evaluation including database management
- Programme / project product development, implementation and evaluation
- Human Resource management of four Regional Managers and their programmes
- Report writing, fundraising support, financial and service provider management
- Degree in the fields of Humanities or equivalent
- Adult Education Qualification (advantage)
- Conceptual writing skills
- Project / programme management and/or equivalent experience
- English writing skills
- Sound knowledge and understanding of key issues in the area of human rights, social justice, poverty and inequality, socio-economic rights and good grasp of the broader political and developmental context in South Africa
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of civil society in building democracy
- Thorough knowledge of the SA Constitution as well as aspects of government precepts, regulations and laws with emphasis on:
- Social security / protection
- Consumer protection
- Administrative justice
- Understanding of International Law and African / International human rights instruments and conventions (would be an advantage)
- Qualifications and/or experience in the design and delivery of adult and popular education training and materials development (would be an advantage)
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s licence
- A minimum of 10 years’ relevant working experience
- A minimum of 10 years’ project /staff management experience
- Strong planning, organisational, strategic and analytical skills
- Conceptual writing skills
- Command of information technology and database management
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required, and at least one other South African language
- Must be committed to human rights, access to justice, development and empowerment
- Ability to work in a team and with a transparent, accountable and consultative style and embrace the values, vision, strategies and policies of the Black Sash
- Ability to think pro-actively, creatively and responsively and prepared to work hard, under pressure and to deadline, and to travel
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Preference will be given to women in line with our Employment Equity Plan.
Enquiries: Mr. JS Marques Tel: (021) 686 6952
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Should you not hear from us within a month from the closing date, accept that your application was unsuccessful.
For more information about the Black Sash, refer to www.blacksash.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies