Activate Change Drivers
Siyashesha Leadership Incubator is a nonprofit organisation and the managing entity of the Activate Change Drivers programme which seeks to enable social justice warriors, already active in their own communities, with a toolkit for change. In an environment that nurtures social, economic and political forces for community development, this is our entry-tier course that helps participants take their leadership skills to the next level.
Siyashesha seeks to appoint a Human Resources Manager to be based in Cape Town.
This is a 9 months fixed term contract.
The purpose of the position is providing Strategic and administrative Human Resources oversight and direction for the organisation. Further, develops policy and directs and coordinates human resources activities for example but not limited to, employment, compensation, labour relations, employee services etc.
- Design a HR strategy for effective implementation and presentation to the organisations senior team and ensure annual review of this strategy
- Report on gaps and integrating strategy for resolution with the rest of the management team
- Ensure that due recruitment processes are followed to employ quality candidates
- Develop and implement staff induction process
- Owner of organisational HR Policies
- SA Legislative Labour Law Compliance
- Giving direction to disciplinary procedures
- As a Seta accredited service provider, awareness of the organisation’s Quality Management system and informing the role that HR plays in this
- Coordinate the organisation’s policy committee bi-annually
- Oversee the organisation’s wellness plan and methodology
- Ensure all Occupational health and safety matters are in place, nationally and maintaining safe office environments for staff
- Contribute to the design of an organisational development plan that will assist with its improvement to adapt to its environment
- Design, manage and oversee performance development review process across the organisational training and development needs aligned to this
- Provide monthly / quarterly reports as required
- Employee Contract Management
- Ensure HR Information Systems (soft and hard copy) including personnel files and detailed histories
- Payroll management and administration
- Leave management including study, special, sick etc
- Ensure Planning processes are in place
- Design a request system for REMCO
- Minimum 10 years’ experience at a similar level in an organisation with over 60 employees
- A completed HR qualification (Degree in HR Management, Industrial Psychology
- Registration as Psychometrist and/or Industrial Psychologist with the HPCSA
- Coaching qualification advantageous
- Have good employer employee relations
- Employee development and performance management skills
- Strong HR administrative skills and design of administrative processes
- Knowledge of computerised information systems used in human resources applications
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to analyse and assess training and development needs and develop training framework
- Recruitment and selection experience in the NPO Sector
- Knowledge and understanding of national employment and labour laws, regulations, procedures, and standards
- Competent in using Microsoft Office packages such as (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience in job profiling and salary benchmarking
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com indicate in subject line: “Application for HR Manager” post with a letter of motivation advising why you are the best candidate. Attach a copy of your Id and current pay slip, if possible. Indicate town of residence and email address as well as a valid cell number in your CV. With the names of three references with their email address
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
No late CV’s will be considered.
Should no feedback be received within two weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application was not successful.
Siyashesha reserves the right the make an appointment which will contribute to the racial and gender diversity of the organ.
For more about Activate Siyashesha Leadership, refer to www.activateleadership.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies