The Lunchbox Fund
The Lunchbox Fund is a nonprofit organisation that focuses on fostering education via nutrition by providing a daily meal for orphaned and at-risk school children in township and rural areas of South Africa.
The Lunchbox Fund seeks to appoint an Evaluation and Monitoring Fieldworker, to be based in Worcester, Western Cape.
This is a renewable contract position with fieldwork visits to Early Childhood Development centres schools taking place in the morning.
- Evaluation potential Feeding Programme Sites (Schools, Learner After-School Programmes and Early Childhood Development Centres (ECDC))
- Monitor visits to oversee implementation and ongoing development of Nutrition programme
- Confidence in working on an Electronic Evaluation Tablet System (training will be given)
- Complete paperwork and documents associated with visits
- Develop relationships in area of responsibility among EDCD forums/with local NGOs to develop network and uncover schools needing assistance
- 30 plus current sites to be monitored four times per annum
- New sites to be evaluated for inclusion in programme
- Expense Reports to be completed via email returned to Head Office
- Work during to school terms
- Pay per site visited and supporting report returned
- Minimum two years’ experience in education / monitoring or public service programs
- Computer skills preparation of expense report, email, completion of on-line monitoring form
- Ability to take and upload simple photographic images
- Proficiency in English, Afrikaans and IsiXhosa
- Confidence is working alone when onsite visits
- Must be prepared to take a Criminal Record Clearance Check
- Self-starter and ability to work from home
- Possession of or access to: Wi-Fi, computer, mobile phone and printer / scanner
- Ability to work during school hours and some afterschool.
- Available during School Terms
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to travel alone and to stay overnight when necessary.
- Ability to complete and return reports to Head Office
- Ability to take photographs and upload / share them with Head Office
- Capacity to work independently and to work well with a diverse team
- Must be diligent and experienced to undertake the initial site evaluation and ongoing monitoring of School Nutrition Programmes in the greater Langeberg area
Some afterschool programs will also be monitored in the afternoon. Fieldworkers are paid per site visited/cloud-based report returned. Travel and all associated expenses are covered by Lunchbox Fund. Monitoring visits take place four times per annum
For more about the Lunchbox Fund, refer to www.thelunchboxfund.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies