The Children’s Hospital Trust
The Children’s Hospital Trust is an independent non-profit organization established in 1994 to raise funds to support projects and programmes to help advance child healthcare through the Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital – the first stand-alone tertiary hospital exclusively for children in sub-Saharan Africa. The Children’s Hospital Trust has raised more than R800million over the last 24 years. Read more here: https://www.childrenshospitaltrust.org.za/
The Children’s Hospital Trust seeks to appoint the
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (CEO)
To effectively and efficiently manage all aspects of the Children’s Hospital Trust and Foundation to ensure that the organisation is recognized as a center of excellence in fundraising and a leader in the implementation of good governance for a fundraising organization.
This person will be responsible for setting strategic direction, modelling the organisational culture, values and behaviour, lead and grow the senior management team, report to the Trust Board and act as the liaison between the Red Cross Childrens Hospital and other strategic stakeholders.
Key responsibilities of this exciting opportunity include:
- Developing of an annual strategic plan and the provision of on-going strategic direction for the Board of Trustees and the Trust team, both in project-orientated and longer-term fundraising initiatives that ensure that the tarets of the Trust are achieved
- Ensuring senior staff involvement in the development of the strategic and business plans
- Ensuring realistic budgets for operations as well as the respective projects are drawn up with the relevant input from staff and trustees.
- Playing an active role in fundraising by assisting with writing proposals and liaising with major donors – HNWIs, Corporates, Trusts and Foundations and individuals
- Ensuring that the brand is protected, the image enhanced through the active building of the Trust as a ‘centre of excellence’ in fundraising and project management
To apply for this exciting and challenging position you must meet the following criteria:
- At least 10 years proven experience as CEO or Director or in other Senior Executive position
- Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision
- Must have previous experience working in a non-profit environment.
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles
- Familiarity with diverse business functions including Marketing, PR, Finance and HR.
- A background in fundraising will be advantages
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Experience in developing and maintaining strategic relationships
- Honours or Masters in a relevant business field
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Wednesday 20th March 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org