Conservation South Africa (CSA
Conservation South Africa believes “People need nature to thrive “, and so its work seeks to promote and support conservation, restoration, and sustainable land use in South Africa’s Hotspots as an essential element of food security and land reform, human and economic development, and building resilience to the impacts of climate change. CSA helps local communities protect these natural habitats that support their livelihoods by helping them to acquire skills and implement initiatives help protect nature and counteract the effects of climate change and other activities that negatively affect livelihoods and put species at risk of extinction.
CSA seeks to appoint a Human Resources Coordinator, to be based in South Africa.
Salary package will be commensurate with experience
This is a full-time position
The purpose of the position is the administration and support of the HR function (including payroll) of a medium sized local affiliate of a large international NGO
- Compile employment documentation for new hires
- File and capture of employee information both hard copy and digital
- Load employees in the HRIS system
- Maintain leave balances monthly
- Full preparation of monthly payroll
- Prepare of statutory payroll reports
- Support and guidance to line managers on organisation policy / procedures and legislation
- General operational HR support
- The minimum qualification required for this position is a tertiary degree or diploma in Human Resources. In addition, candidates should have a minimum of three years of experience in a similar role
- Training on VIP Payroll
- Human Resource Information Systems experience is an advantage
- Proficient in English and able to converse in at least one other South African national language.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver tangible outcomes
- Computer skills (Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint)
- Ability to use technology to communicate with remote teams (eg Skype and Skype 4 Business)
- Knowledge of the Payroll cycle and hands on experience of completing payroll on Sage VIP
- Ability to compile statutory reports (UIF, WCA, SARS)
- Working knowledge of employee benefits
- Ability to travel as required
- Experience working on HR administration systems software
- Working knowledge of labour (and other relevant) legislation, including Employment Equity annual submission
- Experience in Employee health, safety, and wellness,
- Experience of the full recruitment cycle (Ad writing, CV analysis, basic interview skills, management of recruitment correspondence)
To apply, submit your abbreviated CV (no longer than three pages) with contact details of three referees to email@example.com. reference HRCoord0503
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Note that this is mid-level position within a limited budget and not a management level vacancy
CSA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
Candidates who have received no response within 14 days of the closing should kindly assume that their application was unsuccessful.
CSA reserves the right not to fill this position.
For more about Conservation South Africa, refer to www.conservation.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies