SECTION27 is a high-profile nonprofit organisation that uses public interest law and advocacy to protect, promote and advance human rights and social justice. SECTION27 activities include litigation, research and advocacy to advance and promote the rule of law. The Organisation focus on protecting everyone’s right of access to health care services, basic education and sufficient food, as guaranteed by the Constitution.
SECTION27 seeks to appoint a Human Resources Administrative Assistant to be based in Johannesburg.
- Provide day-to-day advice to colleagues and line managers on company policies, practices and procedures
- Together with the Head of HR and Admin, administer recruitment processes fairly and consistently, advertise positions and shortlist candidates for interviews, set up interviews and invite candidates, file relevant interview documents and conduct reference checks
- Participate in the orientation of new employees
- Ensure that employee records are kept up to date (i.e. training, recruitment, leave information)
- Work with the Head of HR and Admin to administer employment contracts renewals and terminations
- Collate and submit payroll documentation to finance within prescribed deadlines
- Coordinate Health and Wellbeing Programmes and adhoc HR events
- Provide overall HR support to other departments
- Perform other HR functions as delegated
- A minimum of two years’ experience in assisting HR or administrative role
- Diploma or Degree in relevant field of study or work experience and subject knowledge to compensate for that (i.e. recognition of prior learning)
- Ability to work in a team
- Flexible- willingness to assist in other areas of work
- Must be detail-oriented and have multitasking and follow-up skills
- Be innovative
- Have problem solving skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Proficiency in one or more indigenous South African language
To apply, submit a CV accompanied by a motivation as to why you are interested in and suitable for the position to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies