Street Peoples Forum
The Street People’s Forum (SPF) is a sector body formed by organisations whose clients include people living on the streets of Cape Town. By working together these organisations aim to alleviate the plight of those living on the streets. The SPF serves to coordinate this work as well as liaise with other sectoral bodies and government around policy and practice.
The Street People’s Forum (SPF) requires the service of a skilled person to establish the feasibility of employing a permanent Convenor and to prepare the way for the Forum to employ a person in such a post if it proves feasible. The Forum considered it possible for a skilled person to do so over a period of six to seven months and intend employing the suitable candidate from April 2019.
- Attend all SPF Exco and SPF plenary meetings
- Understand the current aspirations, formal constitution, structure, and proceedings of the SPF
- Understand how information is currently shared among the SPF and to other stakeholders, and manage the SPF website and social media accounts.
- Understand the range of positions and advocacy aspirations of the members participating in the SPF, and develop and an SPF advocacy plan highlighting particular opportunities for engagement with different stakeholders.
- Represent SPF in meetings with various stakeholders promoting agreed messages to advance advocacy goals.
- Understand the current financial status of the SPF and develop a fundraising strategy to build up sufficient financial capacity for the SPF to employ a permanent Convenor
- Prepare a revision of the SPF constitution wherever revision is deemed necessary to fulfil revised SPF aspirations as well as SPF’s role as the employer of a Convenor
By the end of the assignment the following will have been delivered:
- Advocacy plan
- Fundraising strategy
- Updated SPF constitution
Profile of the Candidate
The Management Committee of the SPF must be confident that:
- the candidate has enough experience and competence to master the above assignment;
- that the candidate will be able to represent the diversity of opinion in the SPF on the issues before him/her; and
- the candidate has proficiency with social media and websites, networking ability with other agencies in the NPO sector, proven fundraising abilities and the experience undertaking advocacy.
The Remuneration package for completing the assignment is negotiable.
Applicants should apply in writing with a cover letter and CV sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for applications is 22 March 2019
For more about The Street People’s Forum refer to streetpeoplesforum.org.za
To view other opportunities, refer to www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities