The Zero Dropout Schools Initiative
MOBILISATION AND CAMPAIGNS MANAGER – ZERO SCHOOLS DROPOUT INITIATIVE
The Zero Dropout Schools Initiative incubated by DG Murray Trust is working toward the vision of halving the number of learners who are pushed out of the basic education system before grade 12 by 2030. This ambitious vision aims to set a common agenda and provides direction and clarity to mobilise and direct the activities of a diverse range of stakeholders towards the same critical outcomes.
To this end, the Zero Dropout Schools initiative is recruiting a Mobilisation and Campaign Manager
to provide strategic vision and drive the development and mobilisation of a network of schools committed to Zero Dropout. The Mobilisation and Campaigns Manager will be required to:
Job function and responsibilities
Develop, execute, and manage a national school mobilisation and behaviour change strategy
- Develop and execute a mobilisation strategy to create a network of schools that are committed to the vision of Zero Dropout.
- Create and drive mechanisms for engaging schools, communities, and learners around an agenda for zero dropout.
- Develop platforms that sustain and grow the movement and build feedback loops for continued engagement and learnings amongst schools and stakeholders.
Develop, execute and manage a public advocacy strategy for schools
- Develop and facilitate mechanisms and platforms that allow the network of schools to collectively advocate for change.
- Surface learnings and progress from school and stakeholder engagement, and work with the Communication Manager to ensure these are documented and packaged for public communications products across various mediums.
Core skills and background:
- A relevant post graduate qualification – such as in the field of education, project management, and/or community development.
- Minimum 3 years track record of managing large national projects in the NGO sector
- Evidence of the ability to make things happen, to think strategically & provide clarity and direction under conditions of uncertainty.
- Experience in advocacy, campaign or behavior change work;
- Someone who enjoys engaging with people, is persuasive and can inspire champions for the Zero Dropout agenda.
- Fluent in 2+ South African official languages.
- Drivers License and willingness to travel essential
- Experience in working with schools is preferable
This is a 12 month, fixed term, contract. Salary negotiable based on skills and experience. The position is based in Cape Town. The position will require domestic travel, possibly for extended periods of time.
Interested candidates should send a short letter of motivation, CV, and the names and contact details of three references by email to email@example.com by 18 March 2019.