The Johannesburg Children's Home
Johannesburg Children’s Home (JCH) was created to ensure ongoing sustainability and continued development of one of the oldest Charitable institutions in Gauteng which has provided a ‘home away from home’ and cared for thousands of children over the past 127 years.
JCH seeks to appoint a Social Enterprise Manager to be based in Johannesburg.
Report to: Managing Director
The purpose of the Social Enterprise Manager is developing, growing and managing the current JCH Social Enterprises to increase profitability, as well as, looking for opportunities to develop new SE businesses which can create additional revenue. Ensure alignment with the ethos of the home and providing opportunities for the staff and children to develop.
- Overall running and management of the current businesses and maximising their potential to create additional revenue. The businesses include:
- A four-bedroom Bed and Breakfast providing good value basic accommodation
- Outside Catering services to local businesses and private clients
- Laundry services primarily bulky items to surrounding suburbs
- A well-appointed Hall on site for rental to customers for rehearsals, events and conferences
- A recently established Charity Shop
- Marketing, sales, business development: through creative and innovative strategies and hands on sales to attract potential new clients, as well as, retain and further develop existing client relationships
- Oversee operations of the businesses, establishing and implementing systems and processes, ensuring that the finances are run appropriately and that any spend offers value for money in order to maximise return for JCH
- Learning and Development: Ensure all staff are skilled through training and hands on support and look for opportunities for the children within the home to develop useful life skills through involvement in the businesses
- Must have a passion for social development, a commercial and entrepreneurial mind-set
- Experience of sales and marketing, managing and or developing a successful social enterprise/small business
- Previous exposure to event management and coordination, as well as, fundraising and training in Social Entrepreneurship is advantageous
- Be an innovative self-starter with the energy and commitment to create opportunities, solve problems and overcome obstacles
To apply, submit CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Should you not hear from us by the 30th of March 2019, consider your application to be unsuccessful.
For more about Johannesburg Children’s Home, refer to www.jch.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies