Guidehouse International LLC
To design and oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of projects according to relevant timelines and budget. More specifically, this role will be responsible for two IT Projects within a government department. Overseeing and guiding existing project managers work on these two projects, reporting on the projects and ensuring quality control throughout the project life cycle is central to this position.
- MAIN OBJECTIVES (100%)
||PLAN AND SCOPE PROJECTS (10%)
||PROJECT MANAGEMENT (45%)
||PROJECT PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT (15%)
||PROJECT ADMINISTRATION AND HANDOVER (25%)
||RISK MANAGEMENT (5%)
INHERENT REQUIREMENT OF THE JOB (Competency profile)
- Detailed knowledge of project management concepts (Including knowledge of PMBOK and Agile processes).
- Programme management concepts, terminology and role of project management.
- Knowledge of industry standards, legislation and best practice relating to information and communication technologies.
- Knowledge of technologies supporting big data analytics and business intelligence platforms.
- Knowledge of system design and implementation.
- Knowledge of enterprise data governance.
- Understanding of stakeholder management and change management processes.
- Project management skills.
- Proactive, creative problem-solving skills.
- Leadership & management skills.
- Good inter-personal skills including customer orientation, assertiveness and negotiation skills.
- Effective communication skills (written & verbal) and ability to communicate technical content to non-technical staff.
- Change management.
- Computer literacy, including full Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.).
- Ability to work independently and function as part of a broader team.
C.3 LEARNING FIELD AND INDICATORS
A minimum qualification of a three-year bachelor’s degree/Diploma in Project Management or equivalent NQF level 7 qualification. Related qualifications an added advantage.
Training in project management and project management methodologies would be an advantage (E.g. Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), projects in Controlled Environments Version 2 (PRINCE2) or Agile.
Minimum of three - five year's relevant experience, and demonstrated experience of having successfully rolled out a change process, ideally in a government or other complex organisational environment. Experience operating in an agile project management/development environment, and/or conducting user acceptance testing would be an advantage.
- Other requirements:
Valid code 8 drivers licence & willingness to travel frequently as required
- COMMUNICATION / NETWORKING (internal and external)
- Middle and Senior Managers within the department
- Technical staff in other departments
- Relevant provincial officials
- Relevant officials in private sector organisations and suppliers
- Relevant officials in Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and implementing partners.
To apply, submit a CV to The Director: Finance & Operations, email: email@example.com with e-mail Subject line “Application for Project Manager position”
Only successfully shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Should you not hear from us in 3 weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.