African Men for Sexual Health and Rights (AMSHeR)
AMSHeR is a Pan-African coalition of MSM and LGBT-led organisations, working to promote non-discrimination, particularly based on sexual orientation and gender identity (SOGI), and to advance access to quality health services for MSM/LGBT in Africa. With projects across 20 English – speaking, French – speaking and Portuguese – speaking African Countries, AMSHeR works primarily with national, regional and global policy makers to address barriers to health and rights access for MSM and LGBT communities.
AMSHeR seeks to appoint an Executive Director to be based at AMSHeR’s secretariat in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The purpose of the Executive Director is the overall leadership of AMSHeR’s work, accountable to AMSHeR’s Board of Directors and its steering committee of member organisations, while managing AMSHeR’s key partnerships and secretariat staff team.
- Lead the preparation and implementation of strategic plans and organisational development plans
- Engage as a thought leader and strategic partner with relevant regional, national and international bodies
- Resource mobilisation, financial stewardship and accountability to donors and other stakeholders
- Ensure implementation and reporting on all operational programmes
- Ensure compliance and risk management
- Supervise senior secretariat staff members and support the process of enhancing membership capacity
- Must have professional and personal experience and commitment working on LGBT+/MSM issues in Africa
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively more responsible work experience in health, development and/or human rights work in Africa, including fundraising and donor relations
- Experience in advocacy and human rights work at an international level is an important asset
- Fluency in English is required, while working ability in French and/or Portuguese would be an additional advantage
To apply, submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the Job title
Applications should include:
- A cover letter of no more than two pages summarising your motivation and qualifications for the post; your vision for AMSHeR and the LGBT+ movement in Africa over the next decade; and your salary expectations
- A comprehensive CV
- Names, email addresses and phone numbers for three referees, including at least one referee who can speak to performance in your current role
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about, AMSHeR refer to www.amsher.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies