Established in 1963, Ikamva Labantu is a nonprofit organisation that helps builds communities by connecting with leaders, teachers and guardians who are already committed to supporting and uplifting those around them. The organisation enables individuals to become self-sufficient by delivering programmes that focus on education; skills development; income generation; health and family services.
Ikamva Labantu seeks to appoint a Community-based Worker for the Senior Department, to be based in Umelwane, Western Cape.
Report to: Programme Coordinator
- Conduct home visits of community with local area of the joining seniors club
- Observation of the home and client
- Visual Assessment of living conditions of the home
- Verbal interaction to identify the physical, emotional, economic and social challenges experienced by the older person and with family when required
- Invitation to Older person to attend the seniors club if well enough to do so
- Render support as discussed with programme head for the seniors if no appropriate as a club member
- Daily feedback to coordinator
- Where necessary referral to Counsellor, Social worker, CBHW and Registered Nurse
- Referral and follow- up to partner organisations
- Record homes visited and report back in month report and team meetings
- Record keeping of referrals and follow-ups
- Submission of reports
- A grade 12 certificate
- A qualification in Auxiliary Social Work or as a community development worker would be advantageous
- Administrative skills
- Knowledge of community development
- Commitment, drive for results, embracing diversity, Integrity, teamwork, managing resources, self-awareness and self-regulation
To apply, submit a comprehensive C.V. with a covering letter to: Ikamva Labantu Human Resources Department: email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For enquiries please contact Human Resources department on 021 461 8338.
Ikamva Labantu is committed to the principles of employment equity.
For more about Ikamva Labantu, refer to www.ikamva.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies