mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. In 2017, m2m and its partners enrolled 2.3 million new clients. m2m has virtually eliminated mother-to-child transmission of HIV among the enrolled clients it serves directly for the last four years, with an average transmission rate of just 1.6%, while 97% of children in its ECD programmes meet all of their development milestones at 12 months. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
Human Resources Officer – SA Country Programme
Duration (6 months fixed term contract)
This post is based in Pretoria
The Human Resources Officer (HRO) is responsible for supporting field operations in multiple regional locations by providing coaching and guidance on HR related business matters including employee relations, workforce planning, recruitment, HR policy and procedure interpretation and employment law practices. This position reports to the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP), based at Head Office.
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide HR oversight and support to all of the South Africa (SA) country programmes which includes:
- Ensuring a full HR service is set up and implemented for the CHAMP project which includes orientation, performance management, learning and development, wellness, recruitment and selection and employee relations
- Providing HR support and capacity building in the Eastern Cape and Pretoria hubs including training as required
- Ensuring HR compliance across all SA programmes
- Supervision and capacity development of the Senior HR Administrator
- In partnership with the HRBP, develop and implement change processes, employee engagement and/or team building initiatives and ensure these are embedded in the organization by supporting and partnering with line management.
- Ensure that HR policies and guidelines are timeously updated and aligned to the relevant legislation and m2m’s best practices and communicate these updates to all employees.
- Support and guide management to create job descriptions and have all jobs evaluated as per the m2m job evaluation process.
- Ensure that HR services across HR channels (HR premier, ESS, Silver Soft) are timeously processed and that data integrity is maintained on all employee files and administrative documents
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Higher diploma in HR Management/ B-degree is advantageous preferably in Human Resources Management (HRM) or a related field.
- 3 - 4 years relevant experience as a human resources generalist; preferably 2 years’ experience in an NGO environment.
- Proven supervisory experience
- Knowledge of and experience in recruitment and selection, Performance Management, Employee relations, change management and team development
- A fair understanding of employee benefits, reward management and labour law
- Ability to diagnose problems, identify and recommend the appropriate solutions
- Ability to influence and interface with senior members of the business
- Well-developed presentation and facilitation skills
- Fluency in both written and verbal English ability
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail and accurate application of information
- Application of m2m values
- Valid driver’s license
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
- Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://www.m2m.org/careers/ by 15 March 2019.