Healthy Living Alliance (HEALA) is an alliance HEALA (Healthy Living Alliance) is an alliance of non-governmental organisations with a mission to improve the health of an increasingly obese South Africa.
HEALA seeks to appoint a Programmes Manager, to be based in Johannesburg.
The purpose of the Programmes Manager is to develop and oversee theimplementation of the alliance’s policy advocacy goals and mobilisation campaigns within the South African Obesity Prevention Programme. Develop and drive the strategy for a robust campaign seeking to achieve policy reform in obesity and NCD-related issues. Working alongside a growing team as well as local and global programme partners, the appointed individual will be expected to conduct research and analysis to keep abreast with programme-related issues.
- Lead the Healthy Living Alliance (HEALA) alliance building and strengthening activities to ensure all stakeholders are well coordinated and adequately updated on programme developments
- Work with the HEALA alliance members, obesity prevention campaign partners and staff to determine the direction and priorities of HEALA’s advocacy and communications campaigns
- Development of HEALA’s strategic plan and oversee the implementation of campaigns
- Promote and represent the Alliance publicly and among interested parties such government and civil society
- Working closely with the communications officer, participate in media engagements, acting as spokesperson
- Prepare quarterly narrative reports and oversee production of financial reports to the advisory board
- Determine deliverables for and oversee the HEALA campaigns coordinator and communications officer’s work
- Prepare funding proposals which include drafting detailed narratives and compilation of budgets
- Oversee programme budget and expenditure of HEALA
- Develop and implement an annual strategic plan and ensure implementation ofplans
- Manage and oversee service providers contracted to HEALA
- Develop framework to monitor and evaluate HEALA work
- Develop and implement campaign strategies to achieve the communications objectives and further the policy advocacy goals
- An undergraduate / postgraduate degree in a related field such public health, nutrition or food policy
- Minimum of five to seven years of professional experience in demanding, results-oriented environment within the civil society
- Problem solving, analytical and pay attention to detail
- Proven track record of effective project management and ability to generate results
- Experience in capacity building and in advocacy strategies and implementation, in collaboration with the government and stakeholders, is highly desirable
- Strong communication skills, including delivery of compelling presentations and documents in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
- Strategically minded, able to think creatively around long-term programme objectives and the detailed steps necessary to achieve these goals
- Strong budgeting and financial expenditure analysis skills
- Ability to identify opportunities that will benefit and support programme objectives, working in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Knowledge of public health and social issues as well as the South African policy environment and work closely with the Communications and Campaigns Coordinators to develop, plan, implement and promote campaign
- Communication and analytical skills, be a strategic thinkers and ability to shape campaign objectives to support a dynamic programme
- Experience liaising directly with and reporting to funders
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who are eligible to work in SA.
For more about Health-e News Service refer to www.heala.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies