THE CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL TRUST
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
REFERENCE PSA 604
The Children’s Hospital Trust is an independent non-profit organization established in 1994 to raise funds to support projects and programmes to help advance child healthcare through the Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital in Cape Town – the first stand-alone tertiary hospital exclusively for children in sub-Saharan Africa.
The Children’s Hospital Trust has raised more than R800million over the last 24 years. Explore: https://www.childrenshospitaltrust.org.za/ for additional information.
We are now looking for a Leader to effectively manage all aspects of the Children’s Hospital Trust to ensure that the organisation is recognised as a centre for excellence in Fundraising, Good Governance, and is a leader in this field.
The successful candidate will be responsible for –
- Setting Strategic Direction
- Leading and Growing the Senior Management Team,
- Reporting to the Board of the Trust, and be the
- Liaison between the Red Cross Children’s Hospital and
- All related strategic stakeholders.
- Modelling the Organisational Culture, Values and Behaviour.
This prestigious and crucial position requires a very close fit to the details below:
QUALIFICATIONS, WORK EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A Master’s or Honour’s Degree in Business, Marketing or Fundraising
- At least 10 years relevant experience at a CEO or Senior Executive level
- Experience in developing and implementing funding or income generating strategies
- Strong understanding of Corporate governance and performance management principles
- Strong understanding of diverse business functions, including marketing, finance, human resources, project management
- A strong background in fundraising will be a distinct advantage
- An entrepreneurial mindset coupled with outstanding organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- A proven track record in developing and maintaining strategic relationships
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FOCUS IN THIS ROLE IS PREDOMINANTLY FUNDRAISING, MARKETING AND NETWORKING, AND THAT THE POSITION IS NOT A MEDICAL OR HOSPITAL POSITION
ANCHOR EXECUTIVE RECRUITMENT in Cape Town has been retained to source and recruit suitable candidates for consideration for this prestigious and demanding role.
All applications that meet the above criteria will be seriously considered, by sending a suitably informative CV, giving the added information of CTC SALARY (current or most recent), a copy of your Identity Document, as well as a covering letter stating your motives for application. Please send to
Pat@anchorexec.co.za, ensuring that there is a correct contact cellphone no and if possible a Skype address for those candidates outside of Cape Town.