The Community Chest of the Western Cape (CCWC) is a philanthropic organisation our main purpose is to help alleviate poverty. We develop and facilitate philanthropy through partnerships with a wide range of donors and social development of donor resources. The Chest acts as an objective and professional community partner to ensure accountability for utilisations of donor resources. The Chest also provides services and advice to enhance the management, financial and skills capacity of non-governmental and community-based organisations in the Western and Southern Cape that are engaged in social development.
Community Chest seeks to appoint a Fundraising Manager, to be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of the Fundraising Manager to develop and refine our fundraising strategy and lead the fund raising team to achieve income goals and targets.
- Must understand the critical link between Development and Social Justice
- Identify and target new local and international opportunities to support the Fund Raising Strategy and its income targets
- Maintain and grow relationships with existing donors
- Write and edit tailored funding proposals
- Engage with funders on high impact solutions to social challenges
- Must have a proven success rate of working with High Net Worth donors
- Show evidence of actual income raised from these engagements
- Manage existing donor relationships and ensure continued support and growth
- Ability to identify and develop prospective donors.
- Examine the Community Chests prospect pool and identify new opportunities
- Develop and nurture relationships with key stakeholders
- Work closely with the Business Development Team and across the organisation to understand funding requirements and develop plans and execute them to raise the required funds
- Develop new and innovative ways to engage and grow all donor partnerships.
- Manage, lead, support and direct the fund raising team to achieve the fund raising goals and targets
- Prepare, present and manage annual Income budgets
- Prepare and present monthly income reports
- Ability to do Cash Flow Projections
- Must be experienced with donor management software and systems
- Ability to draw reports and data and produce income reports
- Minimum of five years’ experience in managing a fundraising team
- Must have designed, written and presented an effective Fund Raising Strategy
- Must have achieved own and team’s Fund Raising goals and targets
- Proposal writing skills and experience
- Written and verbal communication
- Writing skills
- Experience and knowledge of Trust administration and distribution
- Must have led a team to raise funds from the Corporate CSI field
- Must have lead a team to raise funds from local and international Charitable Trusts and Foundations
- Must have experience of professional engagements with and access to international donors
- Have an understanding and working knowledge of research and analysis
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders and partners
- Donor Data Management of CRM System
- Focused and able to handle, prioritise and plan multiple projects
- Professional planning and organising skills
- Well-developed creative thinking skills
- Self -driven, motivated and self – directed
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must have budget and cash projection experience
- Computer literacy skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and readiness to embrace a fast paced evolving environment
- Must have a relevant post graduate qualification
To apply, submit a motivational letter of why you think you are suitable for the position together with a copy of your CV detailing relevant experience and skills to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted candidates will receive further correspondence.
Should you have not received any correspondence within a month of the closing date, regard your application as unsuccessful.
The Community Chest is a Donor Funds Management Agency. The Organisations four main strategic focus areas are: Education, Income Generation, Health and Community Development.
For more about The Community Chest of the Western Cape, refer to www.comchest.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies