Grassroot Soccer South Africa (GRS SA)
An opportunity exists for an exceptional individual with relevant qualifications, experience and motivation to join Grassroot Soccer South Africa (GRS SA) team in Johannesburg.
Position: Clinical Care Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Care Coordinator
ABOUT GRASSROOT SOCCER
Grassroot Soccer (GRS) South Africa is an innovative adolescent health organisation that educates, inspires and mobilises at-risk young people to overcome their greatest health challenges and live healthier, more productive lives. As a leader in the Sport for Development field, GRS uses the power of soccer to connect young people with the mentors, information and health services they need to thrive, and empowers adolescents to make educated choices about pressing health challenges such as HIV and AIDS, sexual and reproductive health and rights, and gender-based violence. GRS’s evidence-based programmes, led by trained local Coaches, incorporate soccer into dynamic lessons about health and wellness that engage young people and breaks down cultural barriers.
GRS SA is recruiting for a Clinical Care Coordinator for The Bridge programme to support and empower Coaches and other staff to meet set targets and enhance active layering by establishing clear bi-directional referral pathways for OVCY/DREAMS beneficiaries. The Clinical Care Coordinator, will work closely with the Senior Care Coordinator and the programmes team to support the implementation of the Bridge Programme.
Clinical support services and training.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with DoH, District Support Partners, Adherence Support Clubs in the community and other relevant Stakeholders
- Lead the training of Coaches on Universal Offering of HIV to all Bridge beneficiaries
- Provide in-service training on updated HIV information and on case file management to Coaches
- Empower the Coaches with knowledge to face challenges and to meet set targets
- Participating actively on tracking program progress performance by conducting monthly reviews
- Participate on weekly program progress monitoring of HIVSTAT indicators and other focus areas.
- Support Coaches on providing pre- and post-test counselling, as well as risk reduction counselling, for beneficiaries referred for HTS
- Conducting quarterly case file audit checks and provide feedback to programme staff regarding common errors as part of the QC process
- Managing filing, source documents and laboratory reports
- Maintain an up to date database of psychosocial support services and filling system of cases as well as making the database known and accessible to all staff and coaches
- Coordinate the process by which the organization identifies and refers cases for psychosocial support and maintain a tracking system
- Immediately update the database for which we track cases that we have referred
- Conduct the necessary follow-up calls (as per agreed upon protocol) to check that the client has received the necessary care
Psychosocial support services
- Conduct regular group de-briefing sessions (or alternative professional practices) with staff and coaches to alleviate the emotional and psychological stress related to our work
- Be available to staff for one-on-one primary counselling at the site only (This is limited to primary counselling sessions of 45min each per staff member or coach in any 6-month period, thereafter the Care Coordinator must refer the individual). This counselling may only take place during office hours at the site of operation. These sessions must be formally booked and coordinated by the Site Coordinator
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the Bridge programme
- Participate on providing and verify weekly Tracker as deemed necessary fhi360 to monitor priority indicators
- Provide feedback and updates to staff and coaches (within ethical and legal confidentiality limits) of cases identified by them – directly to the individual coach or staff member who identified the case
Qualifications and Experience:
Key Professional Experience and Personal Attributes:
- Nursing Degree or Diploma Registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as a Registered Nurse
- Dispensing license
- At least 3 years of practical nursing experience
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality as per the guidelines of the relevant professional registrar
- Abide by legislated best practices for healthcare professionals doing this kind of work. Also provide guidance to the organization on best practice and ethical and legal responsibilities and processes
- Previous experience in an NPO organisation highly advantageous, preferably in the adolescent friendly clinical environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills results-oriented, self-motivated, and forward thinking
- Strong people skills, high enthusiasm, great attitude, and a proven ability to function well in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to interact professionally with diverse groups especially in a multi-cultural environment
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
To apply, please submit a CV (max 4 pages and with contactable references) and a cover letter addressed to: Email email@example.com with the email subject line; Clinical Coordinator.
Applications close on Sunday 3 March, 2019. If you do not hear from us within two weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.